• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I am not sure if I already posted it here, so here it is.

A decorated, experienced SWAT officer at a U.S. LE agency that has had multiple OIS incidents with 5.7 mm FN P90's has written the following note that his comments equally apply to the 4.6 mm MP7:

”The 5.7 pistol as a carry gun is a mistake. There are far more effective weapons and ammunition combinations out there. The only factor that comes close to equalizing the P90 (not the 5.7 pistol) is it's full auto capability: 900 rpm of very controllable fire. Even this advantage is limited to close-in, CQB type engagements. I can put more rounds on target faster with the P90 than with my M4 in close contact engagements. Unfortunately you may HAVE to put more rounds in the threat due to the lack of damage the projectile causes. The 5.56 is far more effective at getting the attention of men than 5.7 mm. This is not speculation. We have been using 30 P90's for five years now. There have been multiple BG's shot with them. We will not be buying more 5.7 mm or other small caliber PDW systems.

• 30 P90's for five years
    • 100,000 rounds per year through those weapons
    • very reliable weapon
    • very user friendly
    • very easy to shoot
    • everyone happy
    • three OIS's later and some unbelievably poor terminal balistic performace we dropped them quickly.
    • 22+ OIS using AR-15's with .223 - everyone’s happy (except the 21 dead bad guys)."
    Wow, an AR/M4 beat out a P90. Shocker!

Who'd a thunk a rifle in a larger caliber would be more effective than a pdw designed to replace a 9mm handgun?

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I am into 5.7 x 28. I will be reloading it and can get the cost down to .39 a round. I plan on plinking with it. And I could carry it using Hornady Critical Defense. I have the PSA Rock which holds 24 rounds and it fits in my pocket.

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ
    PS90 6.28 lbs
    AR15 6.55 lbs
    Both same OAL

If for the handguns, old good Glock 17 loaded with bi-metal FMJ will bit the shit out of any 5.7 handgun.

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Both same OAL
    Picture stolen from internet....and the P90 referenced in your "story" would be about six inches shorter than the pictured PS90.

1728278018662.png

Top Bottom