Capitol Armory ad

46 Thousand Rounds of .40 S & W for the National Weather Service???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If i was a weatherman....I'd never leave home with out a gun. Too many people hate you.

Jokes aside,

So we have large government buys of riot gear. Homeland and the military. Now we have a weather service buying lots of ammo.

It doesn't matter. The worlds ending in DEC. Piss on the fire, call in the dogs. Kiss the baby...were done for it.

http://www.infowars.com/national-weather-service-follows-dhs-in-huge-ammo-purchase/

Homeland bought 450 MILLION rounds of .40

"While the establishment demonizes the second amendment in light of recent mass shootings and legislation is prepared to ban the sale of large quantities of ammunition online, the federal government is acquiring ammunition at levels necessary to fight a full scale domestic war."

Ut OH

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Some people are claiming that the locations shown on the purchase orders are actually transmitter stations and not actual offices. I'm not sure how the feds go about their procurement process but this seems a little strange.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Maybe the Weather Service has one primary location in each state. Maybe each of those locations has one armed guard. Maybe that one armed guard is required to qualify with 100 rounds every 4-6 weeks. IDK, just pure speculation.

If you do the math that's pretty close to the total rounds purchased. Point being, it may not really be that big of a deal. We're the first ones to jump on reporters when they find an arsenal of "6,000 rounds of high powered .22."

Now DHS on the other hand....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I didn't know the weather service had a LE capacity

It would surprise you of the arms rooms people in the government have. I was trained to inspect arms rooms. "H3"

I responded to an secured container alarm at an AFEES distrupution center. This place had nothing but civian employees. The walmart of the military.

The secured container turned out to be an arms room. This room had more weapons, and "other weapons", above and beyond the weapons room at the 89TH police. Plus many other arms rooms on base. Like 4th ID.

Everything was still nice and black. Most of it looked brand spanking new. I had ask the contact at the place why they had such a badass supply of weapons. He replied, he had no idea why they even had the thing. Weapons are not used by afees nor do they sell MK19's and SAWS in their stores. This wasn't some store room. It was a fully operating arms room. The likes of heavy mounted infantry.

Just one of those things that make you wonder. If homeland is buying 40cal, over then they need for training. With all it's sub departments....thats the least of anybody's worry. It's the crap they have in the back room. The kinda things that really make a "bang".

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    UPDATE: The Washington Post now reports, via a statement from NOAA spokesman Scott Smullen, that the original solicitation contained a “clerical error” and that the “solicitation for ammunition and targets for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement mistakenly identified NOAA’s National Weather Service as the requesting office.”

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    700 lbs of RDX flakes and 700lbs Ammonium Nitrate for Dept. Homeland Security:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...a67b3ea6ee334a6b01a7efa976e&tab=core&_cview=1

I was looking this listing over again and looked up the "contractor awardee", not sure if that who the contract went to or not, but the name alone sparked my interest. Here is their description...... I love the RRT, sounds like mercenaries, no?

American Homeland Security Consulting Inc.

AMERICAN HOMELAND SECURITY CONSULTING GROUP

The American Homeland Security Consulting Group is a professional services agency comprised of former Federal agents of the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security, Justice and Treasury.
    We employ a network of former ATF, Customs, DEA, FBI, ICE, IRS and Secret Service agents, as well as noted experts on homeland security, executive protection, vulnerability assessments and critical infrastructure protection. Our personnel can be deployed anywhere in the U.S. to assist with your security needs.
    We have a Rapid Response Team (RRT) comprised of former federal agents who are authorized to carry firearms pursuant to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. These RRT personnel can be deployed to assist both the public and private sectors in the event of a major disaster or terrorist act.
    We have employment opportunities for retired Federal law enforcement officers who would like to continue to utilize their expertise gained from many years of experience while keeping our nation safe.
    We are seeking government contracts on a Federal, State and local level with regards to Homeland security and Critical Infrastructure Protection.

SERVICES

• Support Federal, State or local governments or the Private Sector in Securing the Homeland – Our company has former federal agents on staff who are available on a contract basis to offer security solutions to government entities involved in Homeland Security initiatives. Our personnel can conduct threat and vulnerability assessments, provide security solutions, offer advice on critical infrastructure protection and are available to respond in the event of a major disaster or terrorist attack. Many of our personnel are qualified and authorized to carry firearms pursuant to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 (P.L. 108-277).
    • Rapid Response Team - Our company has former federal agents on staff who are qualified and authorized to carry firearms pursuant to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 (P.L. 108-277) and can be deployed at a moments notice to assist you in your security needs resulting from a major disaster or terrorist attack. They can also be deployed and pre-positioned to a location where a natural disaster is expected to occur.
    • Corporate Security Consulting – Our company has former federal agents on staff who can offer solutions to your security needs. They can conduct vulnerability assessments of your facilities, develop comprehensive security plans and continuity of operations plans (COOP), provide advice on protection of corporate executives and offer training to your personnel with regards to security issues.

• Provide Expert Witness and Legal Support Services - Our company has former federal agents on staff who have testified in Federal and state court as expert witnesses in many types of criminal cases over many years. They are available to testify as expert witnesses, assist in case preparation, review investigative reports, interview witnesses and assist in trial preparation.

• College, University and Private School Security Consulting – Our company has former federal agents on staff who can offer solutions to your security needs. They can conduct vulnerability assessments of your facilities, develop comprehensive security plans and provide advice on protection of students, personnel and school facilities. They can also offer training to your personnel with regards to security issues.

• Pre-employment Screening of Candidates for Executive Positions to Verify their Credentials – Our company has former federal agents on staff who can discreetly verify credentials of candidates for executive positions in private companies, corporations, colleges and universities.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I was looking this listing over again and looked up the "contractor awardee", not sure if that who the contract went to or not, but the name alone sparked my interest. Here is their description...... I love the RRT, sounds like mercenaries, no?

American Homeland Security Consulting Inc.

Thats the same damn thing as Blackwater Worldwide,.... I mean Academi. Or whatever they've renamed themselves.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    government contracting being the way it is - this is not a story in my opinion

so the feds bought ammo for their LEO's..they typically do this on a 5 year cycle

Top Bottom