• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    A long ago LEO involved in a beer joint brawl breakup in Port Oconnor. Texas also long ago, held by one actor from behind and getting punched by another in front told me that he managed to get his 1911 unholtered, poked it against "an ass that wasn't mine behind me" and fired. The bullet went around the pelvis and came out the other side, the actor hit the deck on his back and was seemingly going into unconsciense state, likely from shock, the fight ended completely. A 230 grain .45ACP normal round. The .45ACP needs no turbo charger or nitrous oxide boost....It'll do as is !

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the info. As for wanting the +Ps, I never owned a 45 and want to limit my options on ammo.

+p isn't really something you'll ever need unless you're carrying a short barrel and want to make up for the velocity you'll lose to that shorter barrel. Even then, there are ways around that issue like using lighter bullets.

Standard-pressure .45 works just fine for punching paper or revoking breathing privileges.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    A long ago LEO involved in a beer joint brawl breakup in Port Oconnor. Texas also long ago, held by one actor from behind and getting punched by another in front told me that he managed to get his 1911 unholtered, poked it against "an ass that wasn't mine behind me" and fired. The bullet went around the pelvis and came out the other side, the actor hit the deck on his back and was seemingly going into unconsciense state, likely from shock, the fight ended completely. A 230 grain .45ACP normal round. The .45ACP needs no turbo charger or nitrous oxide boost....It'll do as is !
    sticky sticky

Top Bottom