• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlteisenMkII

Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    My experience with their CS was excellent. TX22 had a bad barrel, called, they emailed me a label. Sent it in on a Thursday, got email it was shipped the next Friday, in my hands the following Monday. That's better that Smith or Ruger did.

Only thing that's worse is free shipping each way only within 90 days of purchase, so good thing I registered warranty when I bought it.

1st Taurus I bought was a G2C years ago, excellent right out of the box. Since that went well, I got a G3 too and it's been great as well.
    Interesting , Guess some things do change with time.

Funny I have not called Smith before but I have left feedback to Ruger quite a bit. I did ask them if the Super GP100 would ever be made with the heavy barrel and not. I was told if there is an interest they might look into it.

Other than that yeah sitting on some handloads my late grandfather left with no data not even in his reloading manuals as to what is loaded. However I am still sitting on either the Smith 627-5 or the Redhawk with a 2 or 4in barrel. I'm surprised Colt hasn't entered the 8rd cylinder roster but maybe they have a reason not to. Still like those camo pachmayr grips I keep seeing for the Colt Revolvers

Reactions: MTA

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I’d trust my Taurus before my Kimber, any day.

And, this Taurus Executive comes with an extra 9mmPB cylinder:

I have owned several Tauri; ZERO problem with any.

<>
    <>

BTW

I hope y’all noticed that the Taurus Executive Model will also shoot 9mmPB.

Would be great in a SHTF situation.

<>

Brojon

Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I've bought bad Taurus pistols but I've never had a bad Kimber 1911. I recognize they're cheap but I'd buy a used Glock before I'd buy another new Taurus. They're just not for me and I don't think I'll ever buy another one.

I know there was a time when Kimber was making bad pistols but I've never bought one. I'm definitely not saying Kimbers are the best either just that the ones I have a great.

Every gun manufacturer is going to put out terrible guns just have to avoid them. I've had bad Ruger pistols too and wont buy anymore except for the 1911.

If Taurus pistols work for you then keep using them. I'll just keep not buying Taurus.
    When did Glock start making wheel guns? ;)

Top Bottom