• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    When it comes to 9mm in a subcompact, I think a lot of people have a negative impression or perception of the recoil based on using 115gr ball when renting a gun to try it out.

In addition to just hand feel, I encourage most people to find a range with a rental program that has the desired gun in the desired caliber and run a box thru it. Hand feel is great, but finding out after the fact the shooting experience sucks usually results in no practice and that’s the worst thing some can do with a gun that’s intended to be used in a defensive shooting.

Most range ammo will be 115gr 9mm. In most subcompacts, a 147gr round will offer improved performance and a different recoil impulse that usually results in ‘less’ perceived recoil. When I ended up with a P365XL, it was after shooting the Shield, Shield+, P365, P365 SAS, a P239, and an LCP. Ergonomically, the Shield+ was great. Then I shot it and realized something wasn’t right. The P365 suck ergonomically, but I found a WC grip module for the XL and that fixed the ergos and suddenly the XL became a better shooting experience.

But if I was debating between 9mm and 30SuperCrap, I’d also be looking at .380ACP as a viable caliber. Some of the modern JHP offerings in .380ACP are effective enough.

<>

“ Some of the modern JHP offerings in .380ACP are effective enough.”

More recent reading has revealed that the newer .30SC cartridges have significantly better characteristics than the earlier ones or common .380’s.

<>

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Nuclear winter weather is predicted if the election is stolen again and the Iran appeasement policies by the U.S. remain

but… back to the topic

it‘s time for a revolver chambered in .30 SC, don’t ya think?

that will round out the superb offerings of autoloading pistols and carbines already available and bring the total to about 5

IMG_9135.jpeg
    IMG_9136.jpeg
    IMG_9137.jpeg
    IMG_9138.jpeg

Last edited:

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Ruger already does, the Blackhawk in .30 carbine.
    Why go backwards for a cartridge that is already on the chopping block, and less powerful ?

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Nuclear winter weather is predicted if the election is stolen again and the Iran appeasement policies by the U.S. remain

but… back to the topic

it‘s time for a revolver chambered in .30 SC, don’t ya think?

that will round out the superb offerings of autoloading pistols and carbines already available and bring the total to about 5

View attachment 465341View attachment 465342View attachment 465343View attachment 465344

I was gonna say nuclear winter, but you beat me to it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Friend was SeaBee on heavy equipment building a runway on a South Pacific Island, Jap came out of jungle hands-up.

My friend got down from the grader he was running, M1 Carbine in-hand. The other two dismounted unarmed.

As they conferred as to what to do with the Jap, Jap reached into a leather first-aid pouch & friend shot him. The other two Seabees were berating him for shooting an unarmed man trying to surrender. Then he rolled the body over & there were 2 big grenades in the pouch.

He took the pouch as a “war souvenir”. A few days later, Friend lost consciousness & woke-up in an Hawaiian Military Hospital being treated for amoebic dysentery.

Turned out that the leather pouch was an European Red Cross first-aid pouch, likely taken from an Ally either killed or imprisoned by the Japs.

Not my story, but that of a dear late Friend.

<>

Top Bottom