Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    It's not a magic pill at all.
    You still have to eat right and workout or you won't get much benefit

You don't get on it and just grow muscle.
    I know a few guys who were fat and got on it and a year later they are still fat.

Very simplistic terms..Diet, training and recovery are what's needed for muscle growth
    TRT helps with recovery..MPS
    Muscle protein synthesis

I had late afternoon bouts of fatigue and problems concentrating on work projects
    I never really had low drive

I did have trouble recovering from my training and it has helped with that.

That's not an issue for me. I run 4 to 5 days a week.. before I strained my shoulder and neck weight lifting 3 to 5 days a week. I'm already busting my ass and my diet is pretty strict with little cheating. I don't drink, I don't smoke etc.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That's not an issue for me. I run 4 to 5 days a week.. before I strained my shoulder and neck weight lifting 3 to 5 days a week. I'm already busting my ass and my diet is pretty strict with little cheating. I don't drink, I don't smoke etc.
    If you are lifting weights, heavy weights to gain muscle you need to be eating about 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight weight daily .

Much anything less than that and the results will be probably disappointing

And that should be eaten through the day and especially after the workout

Muscle is made in the kitchen and while you rest, not in the gym

In the gym you put your muscle through recoverable stress.
    At night and when you recover the muscle rebuilds itself stronger
    It's adapting to the stress.

When it does this it needs those amino acids to build back
    There are about 21 amino acids required (9 are essential) because you have to eat them.the body can't make them like the others

Only animal protein contains all 9 essential amino acids.

Meat..eggs..dairy..fish..etc..

Plant proteins are good but you have to eat a wheelbarrow full daily to get what you could from steak and eggs.

Sorry for the physiology lesson..I know you didn't ask for it but I wanted to share in case others were following

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Are you running and lifting weights?

While running has its benefits, it doesn't work the muscles enough to be the best way to actually burn fat.

While I'm not super strict, carnivore diet and hitting the weights has helped me tremendously. Besides the stair climber to finish off leg day, I do zero cardio.

Yep.

Before starting cop school I was in the gym daily for something like 40 days, and weight training + cardio.

Right now I'm hitting the actual gym on the weekends, and sometimes I can sneak in on a monday or friday morning, but between work and school I've only got weekends really "free" right now. Our PT is mainly focused on running, and we're to work on situps / pushups on our own (which I've been doing).

I'm keeping a log of my progression on the weights and I've had substantial increased in my 1 rep max weights along with how many reps I can do with lower weights.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FGC-9
    Top Bottom