• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckHillbilly

Blacksheep of forums
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2023
    Texas, Kilgore
    Just jumping in here, but been doing internment fasting. Eat heavy dinner and sometimes dessert, kinda watch what I eat but not really. Then morning nothing but coffee, occasional something very light. Lunch an apple or low calories, like around 200 at most. No cokes or sugars, occasional cookie, but try to skip lunches. Black coffee. I have been floating around 225. Got as low as 215 when I still could workout, goal is 200 even maybe 210 if it’s more muscle mass.
    Hurley's Gold

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Just jumping in here, but been doing internment fasting. Eat heavy dinner and sometimes dessert, kinda watch what I eat but not really. Then morning nothing but coffee, occasional something very light. Lunch an apple or low calories, like around 200 at most. No cokes or sugars, occasional cookie, but try to skip lunches. Black coffee. I have been floating around 225. Got as low as 215 when I still could workout, goal is 200 even maybe 210 if it’s more muscle mass.
    You can still workout..whatever your excuse is , you can do something I bet

RedneckHillbilly

Blacksheep of forums
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2023
    Texas, Kilgore

Motivation and time, i would need to do a rocky 4? Type thing to do it and i just need to get my act together on that.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Motivation and time, i would need to do a rocky 4? Type thing to do it and i just need to get my act together on that.
    We have no greater enemy than our own mind sometimes.
    Motivation is trash..we need discipline
    The ability to make yourself do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done is one of the best skills a person can master.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    goal is 200 even maybe 210 if it’s more muscle mass.
    That used to be my goal when I was younger and 2 inches taller. Now that I'm old, I know I'll never pack that much muscle on to my frame again.

My goal is sub 20% body fat. I know that's theoretically the goal for women and that men should shoot for 15%, but I've been so fat for so long that even that scaled-back goal would be a huge improvement.

I don't care, at all, what I weigh when I reach that level of body fat.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Motivation is trash..we need discipline
    Hard, painful experience has taught me the truth of this. In my retirement, I find that the discipline of a daily routine is the key to success in many, many things. Maintaining the discipline of a routine is so important to me that even if I feel awful and have decided not to work out, I still go to the gym every single day, even if it's just to shit, shower, shave, and walk right back out the door. For me, at least, that's the only way I can maintain the habit.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    "Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not. It is the first lesson that ought to be learned and however early a man's training begins, it is probably the last lesson that he learns thoroughly.”
    Thomas Huxley

I printed this out and put in in my gym 4 years ago.

Discipline is greater than motivation.
    In fact practicing discipline can create internal motivation

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    When I first started riding my bicycle I rode every day for a year, didn't matter what the weather was. I rode in 30° temps, it was discipline. Then for some reason I missed a day, that made it easier to skip a day. I haven't missed many days although if it gets below 55° I'll ride a stationary bike at the Y.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I am tracking mine in excel:
    1676591489569.png

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Weight loss

I have learned that once the line stops being "consistently negative", the plateau is officially hit and it is time to change the eating and workout routine. So far, so good. My plan is to go through Apr 1 and lose at least 40 lbs.

But, if it does work I will push through to June 2023

It's a learning process, to find out what is working and what is not.
    Sometimes I mess up, and it shows. Doing this forces me to get back on track ASAP.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    It appears that during the "carb cycle" he gained and lost 10lbs in 6 days then.
    Is that the case?
    That is correct...
    At the start, you can/will lose A LOT of weight on that scale... especially if you are militant in what you eat.
    ABSOLUTELY NO CHEATING...

I read online that carb cycling will help, but I can attest that it was the worst thing I ever attempted.
    I lost a whole week of gains with just 2 days of introducing bread, and corn back onto my plate.

Salty foods, carbs, and a few beers during the Super Bowl will kill everything... it will take a few days to drop the water again and get back to where you were.

datguy0997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Houston
    Weight loss

I have learned that once the line stops being "consistently negative", the plateau is officially hit and it is time to change the eating and workout routine. So far, so good. My plan is to go through Apr 1 and lose at least 40 lbs.

But, if it does work I will push through to June 2023

It's a learning process, to find out what is working and what is not.
    Sometimes I mess up, and it shows. Doing this forces me to get back on track ASAP.
    Exactly, it's all a learning process. It's all about finding what works best for your lifestyle and sticking to it.

Top Bottom