• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Freaking IN IN IN God willing. I really missed this in the spring. WTF is up with no .22 on the pistol steel range though? If we have another .22 dueling tree competition, do we have to do it on the paper target range?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Freaking IN IN IN God willing. I really missed this in the spring. WTF is up with no .22 on the pistol steel range though? If we have another .22 dueling tree competition, do we have to do it on the paper target range?

IIRC, their steel isn’t rated for .22, so there’s liability concerns. They haven’t had a problem bringing your own .22lr steel.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    IIRC, their steel isn’t rated for .22, so there’s liability concerns. They haven’t had a problem bringing your own .22lr steel.
    Hmm. I understood when I was unaware that I wasn't supposed to shoot their steel targets with a .44 mag. A .22 though? Weird. Got some black powder I need to burn though. I always like bringing the oddball stuff out.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Didn’t they shut down the tac bay to accommodate this last year when y’all said previously they did it off to the side somewhere?

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    oops, I used a lever action in the tactical bay last time I was there :laughing:

I probably won't make it. Have a commitment on the 2nd Saturday of every month. These need to go back to being scheduled on 1st Saturdays ;)

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Out of curiosity, why wouldn’t 22 LR be allowed at the pistol steel bay?

Edit: just saw that the steel isn’t rated for 22... still confused as it can take everything between that and 45 auto. Not arguing with the rule, just still curious how that works lol.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Edit: just saw that the steel isn’t rated for 22... still confused as it can take everything between that and 45 auto. Not arguing with the rule, just still curious how that works lol.

Me too.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

22lr on heavy steel is a ricochet concern. The steel is too heavy to swing and absord any energy.

I've heard this concern on a few ranges.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    22lr on heavy steel is a ricochet concern. The steel is too heavy to swing and absord any energy.

I've heard this concern on a few ranges.

Very interesting. I’d have thought the lack of movement would make it even easier for the soft 22 bullets to fully splatter on the steel targets but I guess not.

Learn something new every once in a while I guess lol.

I’ve been hit by a side ricochet when someone dumped a mag through Grumper’s uzi at Hicksville years back. I was down range on the Texas star resetting the target and there was a gap between the tire wall lane divider and berm that the side splattering lead made it through and caught me in the leg.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Very interesting. I’d have thought the lack of movement would make it even easier for the soft 22 bullets to fully splatter on the steel targets but I guess not.

Learn something new every once in a while I guess lol.

I’ve been hit by a side ricochet when someone dumped a mag through Grumper’s uzi at Hicksville years back. I was down range on the Texas star resetting the target and there was a gap between the tire wall lane divider and berm that the side splattering lead made it through and caught me in the leg.
    I remember that. We were shooting your 586 and my 686 if I recall correctly.

Top Bottom