Target Sports

2015: breakingcontact national year of pistol training!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Edited our training course with a disclaimer

You going to be my downrange cameraman?

I learned that from Yeager.

Now we just need someone claiming military service, but actually having none as an instructor (Cory and Erika Range Time...Cory is a stolen valor puke).

Also smedium sized shirts with a tiger raping a dragon.
    Capitol Armory ad

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Edited our training course with a disclaimer

Now we just need someone claiming military service, but actually having none as an instructor (Cory and Erika Range Time...Cory is a stolen valor puke).

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America

I respectfully disagree about the shirts. Dragons don't exist and never have. I don't want to be part of some fairy tale organization.

1. All shirts need to be size large and extra large (the best size for a man, small/medium should be kids or women's sizes).

2. Shirts should be printed with a heroic bald eagle smoking a cigar with an eye patch carrying a M240b blasting the country of North Korea which is labeled as terrorists and criminals. Not a stupid looking cartoon bald eagle but a realistic one that is huge.

3. We will start the training seminars and other special forces types will hear about how cool we are and naturally gravitate to our classes. They will pay us to be spokesmen.

4. Remote cameras will will be used downrange. I'm still a tiny bit scared of guns.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Ditch the 5.11 eye patch, it will cover your GoPro super first person eye socket camera

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Matt, what course did you sign up for and with whom? Number of days?

Basic Pistol 2 class through KR Training. Just 4 hours, but that makes it affordable. I plan on taking several this year.

I am probably starting a bit below where I "could" start, but crawl, walk, run, right?

I want to make sure I get the basics down and I respect the fundamentals so that's where I'm starting and will go from there.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I am probably starting a bit below where I "could" start, but crawl, walk, run, right?

I want to make sure I get the basics down and I respect the fundamentals so that's where I'm starting and will go from there.
    I think that is a good idea, reaffirm the basics and then progress with the next steps. It's too easy (at least for me) to get into the "I already know this" mind set and look ahead to other things while all along I was forgetting or missing an important part of the process.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think that is a good idea, reaffirm the basics and then progress with the next steps. It's too easy (at least for me) to get into the "I already know this" mind set and look ahead to other things while all along I was forgetting or missing an important part of the process.

Exactly. Humility and honesty are a big part of this to me. Wayyyyyyy too much ego on these gunboards and in the 2A culture in general.

That's part of why I post up the dot drill targets. It is what it is, Jon Payne just posted up a real good one, better than me. There it is. But I'm working to improve.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Exactly. Humility and honesty are a big part of this to me. Wayyyyyyy too much ego on these gunboards and in the 2A culture in general.

That's part of why I post up the dot drill targets. It is what it is, Jon Payne just posted up a real good one, better than me. There it is. But I'm working to improve.
    that's what it comes down to, like we have discussed before, if you can be honest with yourself & ALLOW yourself to be humbled.......in the end, we all know what our weaknesses are and have to be willing to fail in order to improve. Good for you Bigun, it's on my list of things to do as well.

Top Bottom