Lynx Defense

2015: breakingcontact national year of pistol training!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I finally signed up for a class. I've been saying "I need to take a class" for about 2 years now.

Will 1 class make me a pistolero? Of course not, but it is indicative of my focus on pistol training.

I plan on taking several pistol classes this year and will post class reviews on TGT as I take the courses.

Additionally, I have a little mock IDPA range built in my garage now. I've not only been dry firing in the range, but practice shooting around cover and things like that. At some point soon I'll buy an airsoft gun and try that out for training. I'd like for SIRT to finally release their M&P pistol, but that might be 2020 at this rate.

2015: I'm focusing on pistols, training on pistols and investing time, money and effort into achieving proficiency.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Out of consistency I have to disagree with you. It's been days since our last disagreement so... 1 class will make you a pistolero.

That should get us through the weekend. Be safe with your airsoft. They'll put your eye out. Fact- more people are shot every day by airsoft guns in America than any other gun.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Out of consistency I have to disagree with you. It's been days since our last disagreement so... 1 class will make you a pistolero.

That should get us through the weekend. Be safe with your airsoft. They'll put your eye out. Fact- more people are shot every day by airsoft guns in America than any other gun.

A compliment and admonishment all wrapped up into one.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I have to be consistent. We can only agree up to 6 times in a row before I have to respectfully disagree. Enjoy becoming a pistolero with an eye patch. That'll look so bad ass. Do you have a duster jacket, or will you just deck out in 5.11

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Uh ohh... I guess you don't need safety glasses anymore. Depth perception isn't necessary.

second- no one ever will rob/assault someone dressed like a gunfighter with an eye patch. WIN-WIN

So I can sell my guns and buy an eye patch, grow a beard and buy a duster?

----->Goes off to cancel training class.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    you need morale patches, logos all over your clothes and lots of facebook friends, too...

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Sometimes it's not. My mom only had one eye. With her favorite rifle, she could make me look like a chump any ol' time. She enjoyed doing that just a little too much.:)
    My grandpa had an eye that was always blind and one that worked. He didn't wear an eye patch out of respect for not scaring the shit out of everyone.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OT Warning

My grandpa had an eye that was always blind and one that worked. He didn't wear an eye patch out of respect for not scaring the shit out of everyone.
    Scaring the shit out of people can be useful.

Mom was a real looker back in the day. A man stalked her through a mall in San Antonio back in the 1960s. He wouldn't leave her alone. He followed her out to her car. In an effort to shock him out of his mindset and warn him away, she turned on him suddenly, reached up, popped out her glass eye, placed it in her outstretched hand, and stuck it right in front of his face.

Sounds bizarre, I know, but it had the desired effect. The guy let out a shocked yelp and ran off.

Then mom put her eye back in, got in her car, and drove away.

She was a hoot, sometimes. :)

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Salty's Pistolero Training Class Starring BreakingContact-
    step1: build indoor IDPA course
    step 2: throw away all eye protection
    step 3: buy airsoft rifles and pistols that are copies of guns you want to train with and/or own
    step 4: go full on operator inside your house with your air soft weapons until an inevitable eye trauma event occurs
    step 5: buy tacticool operator gear from 5.11, a black duster, 5.11 eyepatch, and 2 holsters so you can carry your main gun and your back up gun
    step 6: wait for Amazon/eBay equipment to arrive on USPS or ups
    step 7: you may now put on all your 5.11 and other tactical clothing, eyepatch, guns and duster. Congratulations you are a pistolero. Go out in public and look like a badass. Consider wearing body armor outside and inside your clothes. You might need it because you are the biggest threat to all criminals now, because you're so badass you operator pistolero special forces black ops ass kicker. You are the evolution of John Wayne, Larry Vickers, James Yeager, but not nutnfancy because he's so gay.
    Step 8: watch die hard and predator after the day is done.

Disclaimer- BreakingContact (BC) is a registered full-time Delta Force Black Ops Pistolero. While he enjoys nutnfancy videos, with the training steps above you will shoot better than nutnfancy and rival speed of Jerry Miculek.

Last edited:

HandgunHTR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    5.11 doesn't make eye-patches. They automatically assume that if you wear their gear, you can just pull your beard up over your eye to cover the hole.

However, I have heard that they may have one in development. In fact, there was a leaked photo circulating the interwebs not too long ago.

deadshot.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom