• ...and so much more!
  • Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    AC the difference between your gun is the taper vs. .920. I wouldn't worry too much about it because with that stock barrel it will never perform like the bull. IMO

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    50 yards. Didn't you see my "Ammo Test Day" thread?!?

When someone says they get 1" groups without specifying a distance, it usually implies 1moa (roughly 1" at 100 yds). I knew you weren't getting 1moa out of a stock 10/22, but my real point is that if you are managing close to an inch at 50 yds with your 10/22, that is some damn good shooting! Nothing to be disappointed with there!

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Gramps and AKMike, you guys are making me jealous!

With really good ammo I can consistently group about 1" but that's about it. Occasionally I'll get a "ragged single hole" but that's more of a fluke than skill.

I'm using all stock parts (except sights) on my 10/22 and I don't want to get a new barrel but you guys sure are pushing me in that direction.

Mines bone stock minus the barrel and stock. I'm loving my 20" GM for sure.

sent from the bathroom

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    AC the difference between your gun is the taper vs. .920. I wouldn't worry too much about it because with that stock barrel it will never perform like the bull. IMO

.920 brought my groups waaaay down, and the weight helps.

sent from the bathroom

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    35 - A bit hard to describe but the paper was wrapped around the socket, no glue or adhesive. Think of a hotdog in a bun maybe? All done by hand from the receiver inlet to the forend. Start with the butt of the rifle towards you, sand in full length strokes towards the forend a while, switch ends to sand towards the butt and so on. Again, checking with the barreled receiver for fitment, using a dollar bill to ensure no contact of barrel to stock.

I started with 60 grit sandpaper to sand 90% to final fit and the last portion with 150 or 220. It's merely cosmetic and rarely seen but the smooth finish of fine grit paper is just a little nicer.

Flash - Yes sir! That is one I bought from you some year or so ago. It is for my wife and will be receiving an armorall / birchwood stock oil finish. Should look fantastic. If you wanna run the test side-by-side let me know when and where to show up!

Mike - That's a fantastic group! What range? Don't tell me indoor....

Speed - I normally shoot at American Shooting Center but have not been out in a loooong time. Should be out more often starting next month.

I went to Carter's...sigh it was the only range I could get to on a Sunday before closing.

I really wish I still had that one hole 5 round group. So mad when I lost it. Kept a few of the shotgun shells I shot at 100yards though.

I'm seriously thinking about sneaking it out to 200 at ASC and seeing if I can hit anything.

I love rim fire I've shot M16s, SBRs, .50bmg at 600 yards, several thousand dollar long range rifles, and .22 is still my favorite thing to shoot. There's no excuses if you do badly it's most likely you and not the gun. It's really forced me to focus on what I'm doing.

sent from the bathroom

Last edited:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I went to Carter's...sigh it was the only range I could get to on a Sunday before closing.

I really wish I still had that one hole 5 round group. So mad when I lost it. Kept a few of the shotgun shells I shot at 100yards though.

I'm seriously thinking about sneaking it out to 200 at ASC and seeing if I can hit anything.

I love rim fire I've shot M16s, SBRs, .50bmg at 600 yards, several thousand dollar long range rifles, and .22 is still my favorite thing to shoot. There's no excuses if you do badly it's most likely you and not the gun. It's really forced me to focus on what I'm doing.

sent from the bathroom

My 10/22 was quite successful at 200yds on the rimfire ranch on small steel at ASC.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Top Bottom