• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

On the very first day that this STUPID law goes into effect WITHHOLD every federal dollar to The Pepule's Republik of Kalifornication UNTIL they relent & start helping get the CRIMINAL ALIENS into federal custody.

just my OPINION, satx
    Gun Zone Deals

Crusader_73

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Travis County Sheriff's Department lost a $1.5 million grant from the state this year. They were slated $1.8 million and had already received $300,000. Gov. Abbott blocked the remainder. It would seem the the Sheriff of Travis County has barred HER deputies from asking the immigration status of people that they pull over. Before any of you have the gall to say that what she is doing is right, let me explain something to you. I have been to Spain and the first thing they say is Bienvenidos a Espana; followed by where are your papers. I have been to France where they say Bienvenue a Paris; followed by where are your papers. I have been to Africa where they don't welcome you, but rather ask impolitely about the location of my papers. Are we seeing a pattern yet? It would seem that a lot of people in the United States aren't asking that same question. Don't get me wrong, I welcome almost anyone from almost anywhere, but I want to know; Where are your papers?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have been to Spain and the first thing they say is Bienvenidos a Espana; followed by where are your papers. I have been to France where they say Bienvenue a Paris; followed by where are your papers. I have been to Africa where they don't welcome you, but rather ask impolitely about the location of my papers. Are we seeing a pattern yet?
    Yeah, those sound like shitty places that are an example of what we don't want here.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yeah, you're right, bank robberies should be left unchecked until the FEDs get there. We don't want any local municipalities using their resources to enforce law to help all Americans from being victimized. Perhaps county mounties should just follow bank robbers to wait for a local infraction.

If illegals commit local crime, that just adds to their Federal rap sheet. Thank god Sessions enhanced penalties to a felony for second time entries. It's time to get this sh*t under control.

Why should the states be required to assist Federal law enforcement? Doesn't the government have it's own LEOs to handle the enforcement of Federal law? State, county and local law enforcement should be handling state and local crime, not taking cops off the street to help the Feds do their jobs.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    They do, but when Roscoe and Enos get a message from ICE to detain a known felon that has been previously deported, and Boss Hogg tells them to let the crook go free instead, federal dollars that are given to local law enforcement should be pulled to support the additional manpower now required to bring the federal fugitive to justice.

Reposting as this may have been lost in the static.

I don't understand the point of these "sanctuary" laws. Even assuming the legislature is hot to protect their ilegal immigrant communities, wouldn't it be in the best interest of them as well, to report the actual criminals to ICE to be picked up? How does protecting persons who have committed actual non-immigration related crimes a good thing for anyone else living there (legal or illegal). Its not logical.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't understand the point of these "sanctuary" laws. Even assuming the legislature is hot to protect their ilegal immigrant communities, wouldn't it be in the best interest of them as well, to report the actual criminals to ICE to be picked up? How does protecting persons who have committed actual non-immigration related crimes a good thing for anyone else living there (legal or illegal). Its not logical.
    They are trying to gain or keep the votes they get from the people who vote solely on "identity". It has nothing to do with the best interests of the community as a whole.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dribble dribble dribble...

Well, let me explain criminal justice 101 to you. The feds depend heavily on local and state law enforcement to enforce federal law. When a state like California decides to go rouge, that puts an unbelievable strain on federal law enforcement agencies. They are neither equipped nor have the man power to enforce the law by themselves, especially in a state as large as California.

To put it simply, without local and state assistance, federal agencies are pretty much dead in the water.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    As an immigrant myself, it never really made logical sense to me why some groups of people in this country would be so against deporting illegal aliens. It makes my blood boil every time the media uses the word "immigrant" to describe an illegal alien, and it's annoying some people have to be politically correct and call them "undocumented immigrants".

I came here as a child, and I know how hard it was and how expensive it was to move here legally and obtain a green card the legal way, it's absolutely unfair that people that broke the law coming here gets a free shortcut.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Thats what I don't get, unless Identity means criminals.
    Identitymeans people who look the same and celebrate the same holidays as the person identifying.

When you have a non-blended multiculture, reasoning goes right out the window. People will just vote for the person that looks like them or who they perceive likes people that look like them.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Why should the states be required to assist Federal law enforcement? Doesn't the government have it's own LEOs to handle the enforcement of Federal law? State, county and local law enforcement should be handling state and local crime, not taking cops off the street to help the Feds do their jobs.
    Well federal money pours into California. They refuse to help ICE, but not at the same rate NY does. The Feds should withhold money from both NY and CA until the problems are fixed. At least 1,000,000,000$ of federal $ is spent yearly in San Francisco. That's a billion that we could use in Texas for the wall.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Sounds like there may be some funds available to build that wall. That is if Trump and Sessions actually have the balls to follow through with their mouths.

Im pretty sure that there are laws and rulings that support the argument that it's not kosher for the Feds to force locals to enforce fed laws and regulations. This is why the Feds have implemented terms to their grants. Want $$ for schools - you have to offer free lunches... Want $$ for roads - speed limit = 75 ...

Seems Kali intends to formally break those contracts. As a ch the Feds no longer have to give them $$ for those programs. Quite possibly all other offers could go away as well. So not only LEO grants, but also school and road grants may not be offered next year.

Let's see how the supposed 6th largest economy can sustain itself. However, I won't hold my breath for either Trump or the GOP actually doing anything about this.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    As an immigrant myself, it never really made logical sense to me why some groups of people in this country would be so against deporting illegal aliens. It makes my blood boil every time the media uses the word "immigrant" to describe an illegal alien, and it's annoying some people have to be politically correct and call them "undocumented immigrants".

I came here as a child, and I know how hard it was and how expensive it was to move here legally and obtain a green card the legal way, it's absolutely unfair that people that broke the law coming here gets a free shortcut.

When around liberals, I refer to them as illegal insurgents. Or if the insist on immigrant, I add the word criminal before and after.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    heavygunner,

Like MOST new citizens my much beloved/adopted/adult daughter has nothing but derision/contempt for ILLEGAL ALIENS. Like most such persons, she wants the illegal aliens to GO HOME & NOT come back to the USA/Texas until/unless they are LEGAL immigrants.
    (She was naturalized on 05JUL2009 & was born/raised in Mexico & is a "full-blood or near full-blood" Maya.)

yours, satx

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    Aye, my wife throws a fit every time this subject comes up. She's a Japanese citizen but also a permanent legal resident. In her view, anyone who believes that illegals should be allowed to stay needs to start forking out cash to pay back all the legal residents for both time and money invested to follow the laws of this country.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Identitymeans people who look the same and celebrate the same holidays as the person identifying.

When you have a non-blended multiculture, reasoning goes right out the window. People will just vote for the person that looks like them or who they perceive likes people that look like them.

Actually when I lived in Cali, the native hispanics couldn't stand the illegals. They would compete for the same jobs and were viewed as low class. Thats what I don't get.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Actually when I lived in Cali, the native hispanics couldn't stand the illegals. They would compete for the same jobs and were viewed as low class. Thats what I don't get.
    non-blended is the key part... People have become more self segregated. My inlaws are Mexican, with her mom actually being born in Mexico. They raised their kids speaking mostly english and using spanish sparingly because they wanted to integrate.

I remember when I was growing up that the kids of foreign parents were just as American as the rest of us, because their parents were raising them American. That trend seems to be going the opposite way. We have third generation kids now that speak little if any english.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    My wife's mom is Ukrainian but born here in the US (The only one in her family). They did the Ellis Island thing back in the 1920s. She married and had children (including my wife) but her and her husband (my wife's dad) refused to teach them Ukrainian. She could not talk to her grandmother (Nanny) without her mom interpreting English.

I asked my wife's mom why she never spoke Ukrainian to the children and she said "We are Americans and we live here in the US". My wife really wishes she had learned Ukrainian but all the old family has passed away. Seems like the immigrants that came here 'way-back-when' wanted to assimilate and FIT-IN. Now they demand that we structure our world around THEM.

Multiculturalism is a detriment to any society.

bob

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    My wife's mom is Ukrainian but born here in the US (The only one in her family). They did the Ellis Island thing back in the 1920s. She married and had children (including my wife) but her and her husband (my wife's dad) refused to teach them Ukrainian. She could not talk to her grandmother (Nanny) without her mom interpreting English.

I asked my wife's mom why she never spoke Ukrainian to the children and she said "We are Americans and we live here in the US". My wife really wishes she had learned Ukrainian but all the old family has passed away. Seems like the immigrants that came here 'way-back-when' wanted to assimilate and FIT-IN. Now they demand that we structure our world around THEM.

Multiculturalism is a detriment to any society.

bob
    I'm vehemently against illegal aliens being allowed to stay in this country, but not teaching your kids your native language is not a smart move. Being able to speak another language fluently is a huge benefit for the mind and the child's future. This has nothing to do with 'fitting in' or multiculturalism.

Top Bottom