• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I cannot carry at work but other wise 27 rounds of .45. I usually only carry 14 rounds. I doubt anything will happen around here. I pretty much stay around here and San Marcos.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Scary shit. I am going to get my long gun back in the truck. I quit carrying it b/c of company policies, but I would truly feel naked with just a glock19 and 3 extra mags in that situation.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Drive this...
    yqa8ary3.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    For me, I think I'll start carrying some white shoe polish. If a mob erupts and blocks the freeway causing havoc, I'll jump out and write something positive about Trayvon or negative about Zimmerman so I can get through. What can I say, I hate traffic.

Then again, an effective way to avoid an opponent is to make them think you're one of them.

Apparently, Houston is not immune to the hysteria sweeping the nation’s traditional Riot Zones. Last night a bunch of urban thugs, dissatisfied with the Zimmerman jury's decision regarding the justified shooting of a fellow urban thug, decided to shut down a major freeway in Houston!

So if you have a flat on a Houston freeway and pull to the shoulder but can't get the tire changed before a tow truck shows up you get towed, but if you run out on the freeway and shut down the whole road, they leave you alone? Unfortunately that makes sense for Houston.

Have a bug-out kit with weapons of sufficient effectivenes, sufficient ammo and spare batteries for your phones.

Based on the scenario you're suggesting, adding a fire extinguisher to your vehicle might be a good idea.

Commuting through Houston daily, one of the things I do is run Waze on my smartphone. Houston has quite a few Wazers, they have saved my ass a number of times with road debris. I'm pretty sure other users will alert on this type of activity.

Hmm. I haven't noticed a civil unrest icon on there. Perhaps you should suggest that to them. Waze is owned by Google now, and being from Kalifornia, you would think that a civil unrest icon is something they would understand.

Up here in DFW there is a large group of sportbike riders that gather and shut down certain freeways by just stopping in the middle of the road. They begin doing trick riding and stunts. LEOs can't do anything and traffic gets backed up. It has happened a few years in a row now.

I've seen that on the news. If I were up front in my truck I would just slowly push my way through. But with my luck I'd be the second vehicle back stuck behind some prius who wouldn't budge and I'd sit there and boil for the idiots wasting my time.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Based on the scenario you're suggesting, adding a fire extinguisher to your vehicle might be a good idea.

I keep a fire extinguisher in the truck anyways.

But why does his scenario change that. Just curious.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I've seen that on the news. If I were up front in my truck I would just slowly push my way through. But with my luck I'd be the second vehicle back stuck behind some prius who wouldn't budge and I'd sit there and boil for the idiots wasting my time.

So just add the Prius to the push.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Scary shit. I am going to get my long gun back in the truck. I quit carrying it b/c of company policies, but I would truly feel naked with just a glock19 and 3 extra mags in that situation.

I hope things don't turn inside out but I think I'm going to put a pistol lower back on one of mine. More maneuverable in my Jeep and I don't have to risk an NFA item sitting in "custody" until I'm cleared if something crazy happens.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm hoping nothing like this starts happening in the Waco/Temple area. Only time will tell if the rioting will spread or if it will quickly fade a way.

I think a lot of it depends on if certain high ranking gov officials and a reverend continue to stir the pot.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Now, I don't know crap, but I'd bet you could get people to leave you alone with just one mag in an AR. Of course, one is none and two is one, so bring a reload. You know, screw it - bring three spare mags. Three don't weigh much more than one. Just bring a way to carry all this crap and be able to keep it useful. Mags loose in a duffel bag aren't what I'm talking about...

An AR with 120 rounds... Even if, after you have to drop one or two who attack you, there are still highly-motivated people in that group who want to hurt you, I don't see any advantage to more ammo. That should be enough to handle the situation and then some (leftovers are my favorite!!).

But like I said... I don't know nothin'.

AR-15 with about a bazillion rounds of 75gr TAP or 70gr TSX

Flame thrower would be better. But I guess we'll have to roll with AR15s...

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I'd try to stay in the far left lane of the freeway whenever possible. If that kind of crazy shit happens you can always flip around and roll down the center shoulder until you can either cross over to the other side of the freeway or until you can get far enough back to get to an off-ramp. If you see the bullshit from enough distance away then it would be easier to merge into the center shoulder, slow down and back the hell up...

tenfeathers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    crawford tx
    All this means is the rioters win , they inconvenance everybody and make the scared white folks go around. I have answer the my vision was blurred when I hit 3 of them .

Top Bottom