• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    There are a LOT of vids out made to stroke one's ego. Irritates the hell out me, when they spend 2/3 of the vid talking about themselves or some non related subject. The other thing that gets me, is when they speak r e a l l y s l o w and drag a 2 min comment out to 15 mins. There are prolly good lessons to be learned in some of these vids, but if you don't get my attention in the first 2 min, you're done and move on to the next one.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Warning: If you’re offended by profanity please stop here and click to another thread.

Is it me or are the majority of “gun reviews” on Youtube complete asshattery?
    GET YOUR GODDAMM FACE OUT OF THE FVCKING PICTURE AND SHOW THE FIREARM.
    I DO NOT GIVE RATS AZZ ABOUT YOUR PREVIOUS VIDEOS. TALK ABOUT THE GUN IN FRONT OF YOU, YOU EGOTISTICAL TWERP.
    I do not need to be shown if the firearm is clear. If you’re too fvcking stupid to clear it before you go wrenching on it you deserve to shoot yourself. In the balls.
    Why in the bloody hell is it so difficult for you to describe something as simple as a double action revolver in 3 or 4 minutes? Why must it take 45 farking minutes? My ears are bleeding by then.
    These reviews aren’t reviews. They’re look at me bullshit.

Sometimes after watching these “reviews” my head is so full of fvck I want to give up the hobby.

So you want an in depth actual review of a firearm in less than 4 minutes? You realize that doing a proper review of a firearm (versus just a description) will take a goodly amount of time more than that?

Of course, you knew it was going to be a long video when you clicked on it. The times are provided in YouTube. If you don't want to watch long videos, don't click on them.

As always, if you don't like how they are done, you can do your own for the rest of us.

I am a YouTuber as well. There are plenty of folks who don't like my videos and plenty of folks that do. What is really interesting is getting contradictory comments about the exact same thing. Either I talk too much or I don't give enough description. Please provide more background or stop wasting time with the background, showing ballistic damage on hogs (ammo testing) is really informative and showing ballistic damage on hogs is nothing more than sensationalization of gore and "I am reporting you to YouTube." There is simply no way to please everybody. I try to incorporate corrections from critiques where 1) the critiques help me accomplish MY goals for the videos, and 2) where I can actually make the changes happen. Some suggestions are just anatomically impossible for me to accomplish, LOL.

Have you thought about contacting the particular reviews about which you have comments and trying to make calm, rational suggestions to help improve their channels or do you just complain to us where it will be no help at all to resolving the issue?

Of course, this isn't just a YouTube issue. You get the same stuff on Full30 and other video outlets.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Double,

YT isn't something I pay much attention to.

Why not?

Hopefuls will be spotted by the big time tv folk and they'll be big time money makers or this is an venue to exhibit their narcissism..

Why should I care?

No slam on you, but I don't.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Double,

YT isn't something I pay much attention to.

Why not?

Hopefuls will be spotted by the big time tv folk and they'll be big time money makers or this is an venue to exhibit their narcissism..

Why should I care?

No slam on you, but I don't.

You’ve spent a lot of time in this thread complaining about something you don’t pay much attention to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Look, I've got problems with YT's censoring of content, etc.; however, YT is one of the only places where folks can "self-publish" content that THEY feel is important/useful/interesting/entertaining/whatever and I've got no problem with that. I can seek out the information I want and ignore the chaff that I do not. I bristle when YT sanctimoniously or passive--aggressively opts to try to say what I can see. There's folks out there in the world with things to say and show. Much of it is garbage, but there are a lot of bright spots too. YT used to be much better at not trying to filter things out.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Younggun,

Yes, of course you're correct.

It's called 'sport complaining', something many enjoy while at home stuck in the house.

It's cathartic, if not problem solving..

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Problem then is that the reviewer learns quickly that a bad review means no more free guns to try out from that manufacturer.

They become about as honest as the reviews in the gun magazines. Just sponsored advertisements and every gun’s a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess if all you do is talk about it rather than show it in action that would often be the case. There are several that give honest reviews and as I eluded to, I don't just take what one might say and show.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    He spends 17mins explaining about how he feels to spot a fake expert is the phrase, "It doesn't exist". Going laborious through five examples.

He could've canned that down to the average 8-11 minutes.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    45 min reviews...look at me... Must be Nutnfancy.
    He was the first that popped into my head...

If it's 20min... it's more info than I want. I'll tolerate longer videos like the ones Ian does on Forgotten Weapons because he often takes them apart and does a pretty good job (IMHO) of describing interesting features of the action/design.

When I'm interested in a gun, I'll find a few videos and fast-forward / through the parts I know are just blabbing so I can get to meat of it all.

I feel your misery, Moonpie... I do.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I only watch Paul Harrell and Nutnfancy... Everyone else is a lot of fluff.
    Paul's stuff is ok, but overly long. I really don't need to have him call out the velocity of every single shot over a chrono. I really like Forgotten Weapons. Gun Jesus strips guns, shows you how they work etc. If you're into BP stuff, Duelist1954 has good stuff. I pick and choose through Iraqveteran8888. His gunsmithing and reloading videos are really good. As much as I'd like to have a long chat with Hickock45, I have to watch too much fluff to get useful information. MAC bores me to tears. Regardless, I'm glad they're putting content up.

I really like Double Naught's videos - particularly the ones about terminal ballistics. That's some good information that is very useable if you're hunting.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think many here are looking for instant gratification. If I am really interested in something I don't want them to sum it up in say 5 minutes, I want as much information on it as I can get. 45 minutes out of my life is little time if it interests me. I've spent 2 hours on movies I wish I could get back.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Give me a bit. I'll make a 45 minute youtube video about it.
    image-697075.jpg

Top Bottom