• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Idiotic waste of ammo...
    I have packed up my guns and left a gun range because of bumpfire. Spraying ammo all over the place and most folks that I have seen doing this really need to be taught a few gun safety rules. If you want to fire full auto, join the miltary and they will let everyone shoot a three shot burst. I like the fact I can shoot safely at home and those others that shoot have some safety knowledge.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    There is nothing unsafe about shooting a full auto as long as you respect the firearm and don't act a fool. The ones that ruin it are the ones that think holding down the trigger is cool. I personally don't see a use for full auto and most people that I am friends with agree. It's more of a fad then anything else.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Still don't see it as a waste if you like it, but then again i plan on dropping 4+ grand on a barrett with no practical use, just as some want a sports car with no practical reason. Sometimes fun is a practical reason and bump fire may be much more practical than spending 20 grand on a FA M16 or M4. Sometimes we buy stuff cause we want it, and thats good enough for me.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I want one just because it's symbolic of American ingenuity defeating unconstitutional but upheld legislation. Plus, gun control idiots hate it. $225 isn't a lot of money to spend on freedom!

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Have one, take it out occasionally. It can be fun, I just limit myself to 3-4 30 rd magizines when I do shoot it. I don't shoot it enough for it to get boring. I buy silver bear for it when I want to shoot it. Of course some of the larger 60 rd mags might be even more fun. That said I don't feel any compulsion to buy the larger mags.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Although a cool novelty item, as in something cool to play around with at the man camp, range (that is okay with it) or to say “yeah I got one”. I do not see any practical purpose for it, and also feel it is counterproductive to developing and maintaining good fundamentals. I don’t know of many public ranges that will allow you to “bump fire” even with the stock set up to do so. I don’t see needing it in any type of possible gunfight and I really think that it is a waste of ammo (unless it’s for fun, kids, friends having a good time, etc).

I personally would not buy one, but I won’t tell you or anyone else to buy one. Just be safe if you do and be sure to confirm with any range you attempt to use it, that way there is no butt chewing.

Pretty much what I was going to say, but a lot nicer.

Bumpfire stocks - wasting money so you can waste ammo. Zero practical purpose to them.

If you just want to go make noise, go for it.

xstuntman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    west Texas
    I'm personally not interested in just spraying ammo, I shoot for accuracy.
    I do respect someones right to blow ammo as they see fit, but I will get as far away from them as I can.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    There are a lot of folks who take tactical carbine shooting classes. These classes should be teaching you proper form for shooting machineguns off hand and while on the move. Unformunantly it seems most instructors let students get sloppy on their form and then the student doesnt grasp how to shoot a weapon both rapidly and accurately.

p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet
    They say the AK one works on Siaga shotguns too.
    But the one AK I have is a milled receiver with 2 stock tangs
    I dont think it would mount on mine.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    But not nearly as heavy on the "cool factor", M2....<G>

They ain't for me, but ah kin see where some would want one....

if they make it work with .22 LR i would buy one in a heartbeat.

i bought a crank handle for my remingon 597, but damned if i didnt lose the thing immediately after getting it int he mail from Midway

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    They say the AK one works on Siaga shotguns too.
    But the one AK I have is a milled receiver with 2 stock tangs
    I dont think it would mount on mine.

Oh man, that would be sweeeeet.

always wanted a (simulated) f/a 12 gauge

Deviantsaint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Austin
    In my three combat tours I never went off of semi-auto in my rifle. My finger was plenty fast enough and the rifle was more accurate that way than with burst fire. The only time I've used FA was when I was carrying the SAW or behind a 50. In my experience FA in a combat rifle isn't very useful.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'd like to have and AR with a 9mm sbr upper and a can with a bumpfire stock, cause I can't afford a MP5.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    One thing to always remember when considering adapting a bump fire stock to another rifle is that there are two major parts to it. We all know about the sliding stock part, but the most important other part is the pistol grip and how it's solid plastic block relates to the trigger. That piece of plastic has to perfectly match up with the trigger or it will not work correctly. So when thinking about putting in on a gun it was not designed for, consider the location of the grip and the trigger, or understand you will have to modify that part if it is even possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom