• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    In the time I was there I had seen the absolute worst in people - the L.A. Riots, the pandemonium and lawlessness after the Northridge Quake, the whole O.J debacle. Godamn ridiculous. At one point California had lost its way, victim to an extremely liberal mindset that loathed true individualism in favor of shallow "individuals". When they hired Governor Schwarzenegger I knew that it had gone too far down the slippery slope. I love his movies as much as anyone else but he has no business running the affairs of a State.

I don't know what causes Californians to be what they are. Maybe we can blame it on overcrowded cities, a culture that embraces the thug mindset over community, or a media circus that extoles lack of virtue as an expression of "freedom". Whatever the case, I did not want to raise a child in that environment and I'm glad we now reside in a State that still values... well, it's values.

Goodbye, California. May you rest in peace.

+100

The degeneration just continues and continues and continues....Thank God for Texas!!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Now please don't hate on some of us California transplants. The conservative ones that come here, love guns, and believe in the Constitution came for a reason. We hate the BS that goes on in that inane state...

You know what they say... California is a great place... if it wasn't for the people.

Let the flaming begin.

lol flaming... no worries there pal.

i ain't got a problem with you california boys, and i think i speak for everyone here that your getting out of there speaks volumes.
    and we dont even have a problem with ya'll moving in.

The only thing that bugs us, is when a select few of ya'll show up and start trying to do to Texas what was done to california. Those are the boys we send home.

;)
    you seem alright so far, dont worry, we'll let ya know if you step outta line.

btw jsut curious, did ya choose cedar park so you could take a short drive you Austin? You know, incase ya get homesick?

----
    To AcidFlash, that cracked me the hell up!
    that one of your own or another selection from your email inbox? i havent seen it yet.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    btw jsut curious, did ya choose cedar park so you could take a short drive you Austin? You know, incase ya get homesick?

Nah, we actually hate the city. Everyone we see looks angry and unwashed and too many emotional college students running around like the world owes them a pat on the back. Waaaaaay too much like San Francisco. My job was in Lakeway and Cedar Park was close.

I think living in crowded conditions surrounded by too much concrete changes people. That's why our dream is to own 100 acres of land deep in the hill country as far away from the city as possible. THAT'S my version of heaven....

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Nah, we actually hate the city. Everyone we see looks angry and unwashed and too many emotional college students running around like the world owes them a pat on the back. Waaaaaay too much like San Francisco. My job was in Lakeway and Cedar Park was close.

I think living in crowded conditions surrounded by too much concrete changes people. That's why our dream is to own 100 acres of land deep in the hill country as far away from the city as possible. THAT'S my version of heaven....

hehe you'll do fine.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    When they hired Governor Schwarzenegger I knew that it had gone too far down the slippery slope. I love his movies as much as anyone else but he has no business running the affairs of a State.

"I believe gay marriage should be between a man and a woman."

Now that's an interesting way to play both sides of the fence...

Top Bottom