• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Spring, TX
    If the restaurant has a 30.07 sign, then mentioning it in the review IS commenting on the actual restaurant.

A business must be judged by the totality of the circumstances IMO. Customer (dis)service and business policy are certainly fair game to ding. If I, as a customer, say a business isn't worth going to because they are posted, why aren't my personal standards just as valid as the guy who won't go there because the restrooms are gross or the music is too loud and annoying?

Mentioning a business installed a mass shooter magnet seems pretty legit to me.

I never said you shouldn't post that a business is 30.06-.07, what i said was that posting a review of the restaurant PLUS your opinion on their policy will likely end up getting the post deleted. Now given that he supposedly posted an opinion free review and it was still deleted, clearly they don't believe that letting people know that a business is 30.06-.07 is pertinent information. IMO not thinking it's pertinent info is a glaring error since there will be people who are on polar opposites on the matter, some will only eat at places that post 30.06-.07 and others who will not eat at places that put up signs. I know personally the only time id bother even using yelp is if i was looking for info on whether or not they posted signage and i couldnt find any info. Now that i know they filter that info at times i won't bother ever using the site.

Maybe they're justifying the deletions because of this

We wanted to let you know that we've removed your reviews of Matt's Famous El Rancho and Lupe Tortilla. Your reviews were brought to our attention by the Yelp community, and we found that they fell outside our Content Guidelines because they did not provide enough detail about your customer experience.

The best reviews provide context, detail and perhaps even a helpful tip or two. Feel free to post a new review with more information about your experience with this business. To learn more, check out our Content Guidelines at http://www.yelp.com/guidelines.

Either way i could care less one way or the other. Didn't use the site much before this just means anytime i'm forced to in the future i'll put even less credence to what i read there.

Perhaps make the review more about the food/service? You know, say "the 30.07 policy made such a usually delicious dish taste disgusting." Or, "I felt like service seriously suffered because I wasn't comfortable in their restaurant anymore" etc etc

Or he could just write a real review like what the site is meant for and then he can tack on but i won't be returning in the future because they are posted 30.07. Let's be honest the review doesn't say squat useful for people actually looking for a food review lol .

Last edited:

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Perhaps make the review more about the food/service? You know, say "the 30.07 policy made such a usually delicious dish taste disgusting." Or, "I felt like service seriously suffered because I wasn't comfortable in their restaurant anymore" etc etc

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    The whole problem with Yelp anyhow is that they have to scrutinize the reviews because so many people complain about the stupidest crap. I don't really trust other people's reviews of food and hotels.

Gun parts, tools, products that you might see on Amazon or Midway, I'll look at the reviews and make up my own mind.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    If you don't want to use yelp, go review on Google. I use that one the most. It sorts the reviews by last posted and is easy to sort through.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    That's fine, but it's also fine for different users to use it for different things.

Well not in Yelps opinion and since it's their service......and he didn't just mention the 30.06. He used yelp to editorialize and advocate.

Fragman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    Houston
    I think it would have been enough to review the food and service, then just added a final sentence that simply states:
    'For those people who are interested, I will add that this place does post 30.07'.

I believe its relevant info, but thats all we need to know. Its unnecessary to say how unsafe it is, how law abiding you are or how they may as well throw out cops too.

If they delete it, they delete it. It's really a small problem in the grand scheme of things. There are other places to pass on that information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom