• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Got an email from yelp where I wrote reviews for restaurants that were posted 30.07. They removed the reviews even though they were correct. Here is the email with my comments at the bottom. The top review was for Matts, and the bottom reviews was for Lupe Tortilla

FEB 17, 2016 | 11:22AM PST
    Hi there,

We wanted to let you know that we've removed your reviews of Matt's Famous El Rancho and Lupe Tortilla. Your reviews were brought to our attention by the Yelp community, and we found that they fell outside our Content Guidelines because they did not provide enough detail about your customer experience.

The best reviews provide context, detail and perhaps even a helpful tip or two. Feel free to post a new review with more information about your experience with this business. To learn more, check out our Content Guidelines at http://www.yelp.com/guidelines.

Thanks for understanding, and we'll see you on Yelp!

Removed text:
    My wife and I have been eating here for years, and its our favorite Mexican place. Matts does not allow Open carry, so I will no longer eat here. I will not give my money to a business that restricts the rights of the most law abiding citizens in Texas. Since Texans with a license to carry have a lower crime rate than Police Officers, you might want to keep them out of the place as well.

-----

Over rated and over priced. The fact that they posted a 30.07 sign tells me they don't want the most law abiding citizens in Texas eating here.

Regards,
    The Yelp Support Team
    San Francisco, California

Yelp Support Center | http://www.yelp-support.com
    Yelp Official Blog | http://officialblog.yelp.com
    Yelp for Business Owners | https://biz.yelp.com
    Hurley's Gold

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Removed text:
    My wife and I have been eating here for years, and its our favorite Mexican place. Matts does not allow Open carry, so I will no longer eat here. I will not give my money to a business that restricts the rights of the most law abiding citizens in Texas. Since Texans with a license to carry have a lower crime rate than Police Officers, you might want to keep them out of the place as well.

-----

Over rated and over priced. The fact that they posted a 30.07 sign tells me they don't want the most law abiding citizens in Texas eating here.

if it is overrated and overpriced, Why do you go there?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    At least as of right now, all the reviews I've posted talking about how it's an unsafe environment due to being posted 30.06 and or 30.07, are still there.

JD9305

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Austin & Ranch in Llano
    Yelp sucks. I got one good review the other day for some work we did and they have been bugging the shit out of me trying to get me to upgrade..blah.blah blah. I just hang up on them and tell em we are too busy to take on new customers. But good for you for sticking it on there cant believe they would use the resources to remove it but whatever.....wonder if we can leave a bad review on the "yelp" site for yelp...

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Yelp is a private website and your bitching about gun laws and rules does not meet their guidelines.

I don't see a problem.

Wow, TXi, that was unfair. There's nothing wrong with a reviewer saying why he doesn't recommend a place (provided that the reviewer is posting an honest review). If the situation had been one where the restaurant didn't allow children on the premises, THAT would certainly be a legitimate and fair thing to post. As it happens, they don't allow open carry. Some potential patrons may even like that. It's a reasonable thing to post. He didn't lie, exaggerate, or extrapolate the restriction into some sinister motive.

"...bitching..."? I think you're out of line on that response.

Not so bad as to formally complain, and I think the OP would agree with me on that. Still, it's off the mark.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I thought Yelp touted the fact that honest reviews would not be removed. OP, good job of rooting out what they are really about. Let us know if your last review gets axed.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Don't use Yelp then. I don't. It's a scam and they censor to further their own interests, like facebook and other sites.

But making excuses for them are unnecessary imho .

Last edited:

longshanks94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2015
    Yelp has every right to do what they want with their site.

I have every right to not use their site.

My 2 cents

JD9305

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Austin & Ranch in Llano
    Keep calling people names and your attempts to login to the site will be pathetic.

Finally something to laugh about on this thread. Forums are for opinions, everyone will not agree which is why they are made so other viewpoints can be seen and discussed but for so many people to personally attack each other not even jokingly is something I have never seen on a forum.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Keep calling people names and your attempts to login to the site will be pathetic.

Fixed. I just don't understand defending Yelp. Sure, they can do what they want, but they are supposedly providing a service for providing info and opinions, nothing wrong when calling them out on censoring.

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    I would appreciate knowing in advance if a place allowed CC or OC. Would save me a trip and wasted time. I don't use Yelp but if I did and found out they removed posts about info on 30.6 or 30.7 signs would cause me to look elsewhere for reviews.

Finally something to laugh about on this thread. Forums are for opinions, everyone will not agree which is why they are made so other viewpoints can be seen and discussed but for so many people to personally attack each other not even jokingly is something I have never seen on a forum.

I have seen this also, and most times the person doing the attack or making some jackass remark that has nothing to do with the subject of the thread are done by someone with a high post count that has been on here for a long time.

Saying that, this place is a much better place than when I first found it. At a time in the past you were guaranteed to find a new multi page thread daily with a group of posters doing nothing but cutting each other down. Haven't seen that in quite some time.

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    Fixed. I just don't understand defending Yelp. Sure, they can do what they want, but they are supposedly providing a service for providing info and opinions, nothing wrong when calling them out on censoring.

Stating a fact (that Yelp can do as they wish) is hardly defending them. And with respect to providing a service, Yelp reviewers/users aren't paying for the service, so that stance doesn't hold water either.

Top Bottom