• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    My ex-girlfriend tried to make me breakfast in bed one time.
    She said she made "steak and eggs"...

It was scrambled eggs with olive pieces mixed in, on top of a boiled Rib-Eye steak.
    I bought those steaks for grilling the previous week and they weren't cheap. She found them in my fridge, boiled the biggest one in the batch in a pot of water, and used it as a base for the egg with olive.

Being nice, I ate most of it but I had the worst burps after that for the remainder of the day.
    To this day, it has been the worst crap I have ever eaten, and it's been over 20 years.
    Capitol Armory ad

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth

It was scrambled eggs with olive pieces mixed in, on top of a boiled Rib-Eye steak.
    I bought those steaks for grilling the previous week and they weren't cheap. She found them in my fridge, boiled the biggest one in the batch in a pot of water, and used it as a base for the egg with olive.

Being nice, I ate most of it but I had the worst burps after that for the remainder of the day.
    To this day, it has been the worst crap I have ever eaten, and it's been over 20 years.
    Did you dump her because of her cooking? That is a travesty what she did to that steak…

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Was she Australian? I have an Aussie in my hunting club. Opening day I always bring good steaks( think prime or wagyu) he always wants his well done.:(

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    We would go visit my parents best friends every other Sunday. We would eat Dinner there on Sundays. Their Mother would cook dinner. She would make this horrendous meatloaf and french cut green bean. I gag just thinking about it.
    Another time I ate some of those fake crab legs I got sick as a dog. I can't get near them.
    Not me but a co-worker of mine we went to a decent chinese restaurant he orders number 67. Waiter looks at him in amazement you want 67 -chicken fried steak. he says yes. everyone at table besides him makes a grimace. He gets is they must have ram next store to the Kroger and bought a Banquet Chicken Fried Steak frozen dinner it looked exactly like that everyone told him you don't order chicken fried steak at a chinese place.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

This hurt my soul to read. Hopefully she took some cooking classes before she tried getting wifed up by someone.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Did you dump her because of her cooking? That is a travesty what she did to that steak…
    Not for her cooking, but rather for infidelity.
    Yes, it was a travesty that the rib-eye was shamed that way. From experience, don't scramble eggs with olive either... It just doesn't go together right.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Back to raw oysters for a moment: Some harbor Vibrio Vulnifcus, which may only make you sick, but some exposed to it by eating raw oysters...die.

Another factoid - .Many people with V. vulnicus infections require intensive care or limb amputations, and 15-30% of infections are fatal.

Given it also can give you hepatitis and/or plain old food poisoning if improperly stored or processed, why take a chance?

That being said, I love fried oysters.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Was she Australian? I have an Aussie in my hunting club. Opening day I always bring good steaks( think prime or wagyu) he always wants his well done.:(

No, she was an El Pasoan...
    I saw her a few years ago at Oyster Bake in San Antonio. She has 4 boys, married a "security guard", and became a teacher in San Marcos. Her beau is thin as a rail... I wonder why.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I worked with a guy who was married with grown kids. Said they never cooked food at home! All their meals were consumed out. Corporate fast food or food sold in the hot deli at work was all they ate!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ordering a well-done steak around our family will get you some very angry looks!

Putting ketchup on a steak can get you tarred and feathered!
    If I’m feeding you steak it served the way it comes to you. We tend to eat blue rare to rare. I’ll leave a steak on the grill while mine rest, but that’s it! You want a well done steak good chance you won’t be invited over for steak.

I like ketchup! Best thing to cover up something nasty. My wife only eats it on fries and totally ruins fries by covering them with it! I grew up with ketchup on burgers and will put it on a hot dog. If you see me putting on some thing unusual it does say much for you cooking!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I worked with a guy who was married with grown kids. Said they never cooked food at home! All their meals were consumed out. Corporate fast food or food sold in the hot deli at work was all they ate!
    I have worked with a lot of guys over the years, pretty much most of them would eat lunch at a fast food joint. For what one guy spent a week eating lunch out, would buy me enough groceries to make my lunches for a month!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If I’m feeding you steak it served the way it comes to you. We tend to eat blue rare to rare. I’ll leave a steak on the grill while mine rest, but that’s it! You want a well done steak good chance you won’t be invited over for steak.

I like ketchup! Best thing to cover up something nasty. My wife only eats it on fries and totally ruins fries by covering them with it! I grew up with ketchup on burgers and will put it on a hot dog. If you see me putting on some thing unusual it does say much for you cooking!
    My father always told us, if you have to put ketchup on a steak, it wasn't a good steak to start with.

Personally, I like my steaks medium, to medium rare.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My father always told us, if you have to put ketchup on a steak, it wasn't a good steak to start with.

Personally, I like my steaks medium, to medium rare.
    Plenty of steak worthy of ketchup. Plenty of cheap cuts of meat that can be cut as a steak. Round steak, chuck steak, shoulder steaks all tend to need more cooking & good with ketchup.

Top Bottom