• ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    hoothrewpoo;1613032 said:
    That's interesting... which studies are those? Wright and Rossi circa 1982?

74% of statistics are made up.

It was from the Centers for Disease Control; part of a $10 million study commissioned by then-President Barack Obama in 2013 as part of 23 executive orders he signed in January. It directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,” the CDC study, entitled “Priorities For Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence,” states.

So next time instead of a snarky response, you do a little research and educate yourself instead! It will make your contributions to this discussion much more worthwhile!
    Target Sports

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    ROGER4314;1613037 said:
    Two of my friends were unarmed and brutally murdered in the same 12 month period and I swore an oath to be armed 24/7. That's a lot harder to do than it seems.

I OC only at home and on my property. When Jake the Wonder Dog and I are out "front" together, I'm wearing my pistol openly. I do that because it's more convenient and it's legal. The neighbors don't give it a second glance and the shoulder holster that I use (Carta Valley), is so comfortable, I carry my Glock almost 100%!

Mowing is another matter. I have a 1/2 acre yard and after pondering it for a while, decided that mowing was one of the weak points in security. I dug out an old KelTec P11, place it in a plastic bag to keep the grass clippings out of it, and carry that pistol in my pocket while mowing.

In the shower, I was likewise unarmed, so that same KelTec P11 stays in the drawer right next to the shower. Sure, it will need extra maintenance to keep that pistol clean & rust free, but it fills in the security blanks!

For all other purposes, I carry concealed and except for prohibited areas, I'm armed 100% of the time.

Flash

Pistols have no place in the shower.....

hoothrewpoo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    I appreciate your passion. I'm familiar with the CDC Study, and have read it in its entirety. I'm probably a little more familiar with the topic at hand than you've given me credit for. As such, the CDC Study did not find "that criminals avoid victims that have a capability to defend themselves". Criminals avoiding those capable of defending themselves is vastly different than the study's findings; that you had both a greater chance of survival and a greater chance of limiting your injuries during a conflict if you are/were armed.

majormadmax;1613209 said:
    It was from the Centers for Disease Control; part of a $10 million study commissioned by then-President Barack Obama in 2013 as part of 23 executive orders he signed in January. It directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,” the CDC study, entitled “Priorities For Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence,” states.

So next time instead of a snarky response, you do a little research and educate yourself instead! It will make your contributions to this discussion much more worthwhile!

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I OC only when I am out walking at night in my neighborhood (coyotes, bobcats, etc......) and when I am at the gas pump late at night for 2 legged predator deterrence. Otherwise, it's concealed.

Roger4314 - I pocket carry an LCP with a CT laser in a pocket holster when I am mowing, at church with shirt tucked, and sometimes walking the neighborhood. 9mm all other times.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    ZX9RCAM;1613322 said:
    I'm just surprised to hear that the CDC is doing studies on gun crimes and such...

You should have seen all the "studies" they did while Clinton was in office. I am not surprised you are surprised, you have a disease, you need help, for Allah's sake, turn in your guns especially if you have kids (that has pretty much been their message from the beginning)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom