Whose mind is on hunting season already?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Lmao, don't think I'll get a good shot of a kill with the gopro, no zoom or anything. Thought it might be cool to have the gopro on me and another camera on a tripod facing out. No clue if I'll actually decide to use one or both.

I've wanted to do that with a shooting video and then use both feeds and do some nifty editing.
    Yeah, the GoPro is an awesome wide angle lens but not good for close ups and detail
    Texas SOT

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I've thought about getting s gopro. Tell me how it works out for you.

Will do, we should get another TGT range day going down here and I can bring it to let you check it out, wife got it for me last Christmas and don't get to play with it as much as I'd like

I've wanted to do that with a shooting video and then use both feeds and do some nifty editing.
    Yeah, the GoPro is an awesome wide angle lens but not good for close ups and detail

Kind of what I was thinking, I've messed around with it shooting, even got some cool video with it mounted on my AR.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Looking good CH, got any cameras set up near the feeders?

Yes. Have two. The first one needs fresh batteries and the second needs to be replaced. It's on my short list of things to do.
    Here are a few older game pics.

yrehypen.jpg

tuba8egy.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Went pig hunting Sat night. Not a one showed up. Last week the cam showed then coming in at the same time every day.

Sat afternoon there was corn on the ground from the morning. That worried me Looks like for good reason. Something spooked their pattern. I didn't see one hog.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Went pig hunting Sat night. Not a one showed up. Last week the cam showed then coming in at the same time every day.

Sat afternoon there was corn on the ground from the morning. That worried me Looks like for good reason. Something spooked their pattern. I didn't see one hog.

Possibly... did you try to cover your oder? Maybe the hogs found another food source closer.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was gone a week. Looked like maybe one or two days corn on the ground. Plus I was in a blind that was downwind. I don't think I spooked them.

They roam down a creek, and hit three feeders. All three had corn on the ground. I was expecting pigs due to camera activity. Whatever spooked them happened before I got there.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Went hunting this weekend but had no luck as the land owner was planting wheat and was for the most part all over the place.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    nice bow.. what let off is that model?

I believe it's 80% let off, got my drop away rest mounted up and started practicing from inside my blind sitting down. I'm dead on at 20 yards and in but I need more practice at 30+, didn't miss the target and all hits were in the kill zone just not as consistent as I'd like. I am still a bow novice but you gotta start somewhere.

58ec1b91e4fe765f046a0385ce3a609c.jpg

e6a662f34356d2de0ec8f020cdf3d4bf.jpg

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Brothers lease fell through. Several attempts of a lease for myself fell through.

I'll just have to make a couple long trips South to family land.

Planning on buying some land in the next several years that's closer to me. Hoping the ridiculous low interest rates hold out.

Top Bottom