• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Pretty good return on initial investment....
    Not at all. $12,368.85 is $57,173.65 in 2021 currency. Keeping a vehicle in a facility like that is at minimum $250/mo, which for 45 years is $135,000. So already over $67k in the hole, plus whatever the maintenance costs were... Cars still need regular fluid changes, new batteries every 5 years, and all rubber replaced every 10 years even when they are sitting still.
    Capitol Armory ad

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Not at all. $12,368.85 is $57,173.65 in 2021 currency. Keeping a vehicle in a facility like that is at minimum $250/mo, which for 45 years is $135,000. So already over $67k in the hole, plus whatever the maintenance costs were... Cars still need regular fluid changes, new batteries every 5 years, and all rubber replaced every 10 years even when they are sitting still.

Thanks Captain Buzzkill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Thanks Captain Buzzkill
    emoji12.png
    Hey I want people to get the most enjoyment they can out of their vehicles, and a little dose of realism helps set priorities better.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Hey I want people to get the most enjoyment they can out of their vehicles, and a little dose of realism helps set priorities better.

I’ve had this discussion frequently (I own a rare 1990 motorcycle) and the added benefit from keeping low mileage isn’t worth it in most cases. Drive or ride it as much as you want and enjoy it.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    If they ever start the Radwood shows again, you should bring it!

I rode it to the Harvest Classic in Luckenbach one time and discovered that shows aren’t really my thing. The weird thing was the class was like 1985+ so I was in with a lot of much newer bikes. It didn’t seem to draw a lot of attention but when I got on the bike to leave I was suddenly surrounded by a crowd taking video of me with their phones. (Perfect excuse for gratuitous pic).
    87FB1D4B-34FB-4E12-9E5D-B5B9EA5891A6.jpeg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Last Friday morning the wife and I went to our favorite restaurant to eat breakfast, and we saw this sitting outside the restaurant. Belongs to a Marine Corps veteran. Every Friday morning, they have a special breakfast for our veterans. Awesome.

A 1966 Buick Lesabre. All original, except it was repainted about ten years ago according to the owner.

mjOMtK1l.jpg

1x9bhBEl.jpg

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Don't know anything about these. Sure is a pretty Italian

Texas car

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Don't know anything about these.
    If you ever wanted a FIAT Spider, these end of production ones built by Pininfarina are definitely good ones to get. This one looks nicely spiffed up. Next owner is probably going to wish they kept the fuel injection on it... Dual carbs are for people who like to fiddle with them.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    If you ever wanted a FIAT Spider, these end of production ones built by Pininfarina are definitely good ones to get. This one looks nicely spiffed up. Next owner is probably going to wish they kept the fuel injection on it... Dual carbs are for people who like to fiddle with them.
    Any idea how much to convert it back to Fi?

Top Bottom