• Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Texas45,

PLEASE tell me that you didn't let that CdV get away. = VERY NICE rides are those BIG/THIRSTY Caddys.

FYI, one day before I quit driving it, I got "pulled over" by the DPS just west of Greenville at over 90MPH. = The Trooper walked up to the car, took a look at my "peculiar" license plate number & "sent me on my way", W/O even a verbal warning.
    (My GUESS is that he recognized what "31D35" denotes.)

yours, satx

Its was my dads company car.
    Long gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Currently sitting at $550k.

No Reserve: 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L88 4-Speed

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1...e=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-02-05

ZX9RCAM,

PURTY CAR but I cannot see that sort of price as reasonable, given that (IF I had the $$$$$), I could buy Augie Pabst's JUSTLY FAMOUS 1958-59 SCARAB sports-racer for about 1/2-2/3 of that figure, "Chief" W.C. Wiley's 1924 STANLEY STEAMER (the LAST Stanley ever built), Tazio Nuvolari's personal 1955 red Ferrari, a "one of one" of several sorts of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis OR any number of other iconic cars for a LOT less money.
    (IF I was wealthy & had the "mad money" to buy any car that I wanted, I would buy PRINCESS GRACE's blue SUNBEAM roadster from the movie TO CATCH A THIEF & give it to my lady for Christmas. = She has watched that movie numerous times to "droll over" that "little blue convertible". = YES, it is "available for sale" in England at an "asking price" of 250,000 British Pounds.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    550k for a vette from NE area.
    No thanks unless I can look real close for all the rust areas.
    Even as an L88 not worth that $$.

If it was a 1965 or 1966 Shelby Cobra 427, I'd pay that in a heartbeat! (If I had that kind of money to begin with!)

Or a 1970 Plymouth Superbird! With a Hemi of course.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I fit into the 2nd category.

BRD@66,

While we are talking about cars that we cannot afford but WANT BADLY, I would love to buy back the "H-GAS", "DOG CHOW EXPRESS", that the late/lamented "Pancho" Rowe, Harry Ellen, Larry Lockwood & I owned & raced in the late 1960s & early '70s.
    ("DOG CHOW" was sponsored by RALSTON-PURINA & was painted in RED/WHITE "checkerboard". = The last that I heard, a couple of years ago, it still exists & is for sale at "best offer" near Memphis, TN.)
    "DOG CHOW" would be FUN to restore to the way that it looked/ran in 1968-70 & "play about with", IF I had the "spare bucks" un-needed & just "laying around".

Like everything else that I owned at the time, I HAD to sell the car after Vickie Kay passed away, to pay off SOME of the hospital bills that health insurance did not pay for. = Three "rounds" of "chemo", "whole-body radiation" treatments, 3 bone-marrow transplants & 6+ months at Baylor Oncology Center got everything that I had, that my family had and/or that I could borrow. - The "final bill" was just over 1.2 million bucks.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Speaking of FAMOUS drag-racing machines of "my misspent youth", the AA-F/D, "THE FREIGHT TRAIN", at least 3-4 of the original PAIR of Pontiac engines, the trailer & a LOT of other "related stuff" still exists, is "all in one piece" & is "for sale" in KY.
    (A "rich somebody" should buy/restore it/show the dragster with TWO engines, as it's "one of a kind" & was ICONIC for sure.)

yours,satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Inasmuch as on of our members mentioned Jay Leno's famous collection, it's "STORY TIME":

One Sunday afternoon some years ago, Mr. Leno was "out for a drive" in his justly famous 1949 MORGAN TRICYCLE, the 3-wheeler (which once was the personal car of Sir Henry Morgan & that Sir Henry raced in many a "hill climb" in the UK) & several people "pulled up along-side & yelled at him, "Hey Mister, You lost one of your wheels."

Mr. Leno, thinking that the people were "just being wise-acres", smiled/waved & drove on. - When he got home & got out of the car, he discovered that the spare tire/wheel had "fallen off" somewhere along his over 100-mile drive.
    Despite many miles & numerous hours spent looking for the tire/wheel, he never found it. - Even offering a 5,000.oo reward for its return was unsuccessful.
    (Losing that tire/wheel was "SAD", as the there were ONLY a total of four of those wheels ever made. - The small company that made the wheels went out of business in the mid-1950s.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    1612556146948540308257883110461.jpg

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    If I had that kind of money to spend on cars, it wouldn't be a Corvette. They are nice, but just that there are other cars that I like better. I have owned two Corvettes in the past, I don't really have the desire to own another one.

Unless it was a Nassau Blue, 1965 Coupe! Then, maybe!

71 454
    78 silver annv

Only one I would want today would be a 427 powered 4 spd 63 split window coupe.
    Blk on blk.
    Then only if I had a collection.
    They suck to drive.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    If it was a 1965 or 1966 Shelby Cobra 427, I'd pay that in a heartbeat! (If I had that kind of money to begin with!)

Or a 1970 Plymouth Superbird! With a Hemi of course.

One of two 427 turbo ones would be nice. Believe only 1 still exists.
    I had the honor of meeting Carroll before he passed.
    Used to attend Mid America Shelby meet in Tulsa each yr. I got away from cars recently have other life to do now.
    Have his autograph on my 1:25 scale mach1 model roof.

Also have his Mech from the old days Bernie Knudsons on core support of my car as well as Allen Grant

Top Bottom