When do cars need to get out of the left lane?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I find it humorous how I am called a non courteous dangerous asshole driver yet others are just as bad by locking themselves in the lane when a faster driver wants to pass them.

Your bright lights wont affect me.... Ot they have no effect.... These are the entitled drivers that I am trying to get away from.
    Hurley's Gold

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    35 plus years driving all over the country, 0 accidents. You do that by getting around and away from other drivers. I do the same thing on my Motorcycle. If I see a clear space in front of the the pack, I immediately go there even if it means passing you at 90. No tickets and no accidents on the bike either:)

Last edited:

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Y'all have no idea how nice it is to drive here in TX. Drivers and traffic is one of the best parts of moving here.

Last edited:

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Dont you hate it when the vehicle you blocked in the left hangs out beside you in the right lane and wont let you exit? I can block them in for miles :)

Last edited:

Burke

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Azle
    the thing that gets me is the people that won't move over or slow down for stopped emergency vehicles or vehicles with their hazard lights on while they are parked on the shoulder

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I find it humorous how I am called a non courteous dangerous $#@! driver yet others are just as bad by locking themselves in the lane when a faster driver wants to pass them.

Your bright lights wont affect me.... Ot they have no effect.... These are the entitled drivers that I am trying to get away from.

Sounds to me like you are the one who thinks they are entitled.
    If I am going under the speed limit I move over. But I will move left to pass someone going slower than me. Not fast enough for you? When I can move over without dropping my speed lower than the limit, I will. Otherwise tough. Get over it. You ain't entitled. You want faster, buy a plane.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Sounds to me like you are the one who thinks they are entitled.
    If I am going under the speed limit I move over. But I will move left to pass someone going slower than me. Not fast enough for you? When I can move over without dropping my speed lower than the limit, I will. Otherwise tough. Get over it. You ain't entitled. You want faster, buy a plane

Exactly...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    People drive in packs and pace themselves off other drivers. If you drive a motorcycle you see this all the time. I generally drive faster than others since I hate being around other people. At night I will hit the bright lights and leave then on if I get behind a left lane blocker. Its a lot easier to get people to move in my jacked up 4X4 Dodge with the grill guard since the lights go directly into the rear window of most cars. In the daytime, I will tailgate the hell out of them until they get tired of seeing my grill. Whats fun is when you have someone pacing off you. I have slowly gotten them up to 80 MPH before they realized how fast they were going, then they slam on the brakes and the problem is solved.

I think I passed Ray22 this morning. Were you in the Prius?

Yup. Its funny when the driver you are complaining about is the one that owns the company. I know they like the calls, and could give a rats ass what you think of their driving. Just saying....

He has a Class A license as well? Cool! Then he knows what I am talking about

I find it humorous how I am called a non courteous dangerous asshole driver yet others are just as bad by locking themselves in the lane when a faster driver wants to pass them.

35 plus years driving all over the country, 0 accidents. You do that by getting around and away from other drivers. I do the same thing on my Motorcycle. If I see a clear space in front of the the pack, I immediately go there even if it means passing you at 90. No tickets and no accidents on the bike either:)

Dont you hate it when the vehicle you blocked in the left hangs out beside you in the right lane and wont let you exit? I can block them in for miles :)

Certified Road Warrior?

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Certified Road Warrior?

Some people have no clue what common decency is and it does no good to try and convince them of the truth. Those childish stubborn types won't change their ways until they've killed someone with their selfish behavior and lose everything they own and spend time in jail for manslaughter and probably lose their family in the process. Even then they'll probably argue they were always right and the system shafted them.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Y'all have no idea how nice it is to drive here in TX. Drivers and traffic is one of the best parts of moving here.

mmmm it used to be better that is until all of the out-of-state people started moving in. IN our area we have sooo many mommies clogging the road and imposing their liberal beliefs about your ability to get to where you are going. The bang and dent shops are FULL of Honda Odysseys and other baby haulers.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    6Oo2Loy5gdo

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    6Oo2Loy5gdo

[video=youtube]

not sure what that left lane driver is supposed to be proving but i watched 1:20 and thought it was complete bs. in one example, he's criticizing drivers for driving in the left lane on a divided highway, with left hand turnoffs!! drivers may need to turn left. In another example, at which point I turned off the video, the author is criticizing a left lane driver AS THEY'RE ENTERING A 45 MPH zone. The author is probably going the posted speed plus 10 mph entering a work zone. I have no respect. I'm not a fan of left lane drivers but I see time and time again that aggressive fast driving can cause others to slam on brakes, when they cut in too close, too fast, causing ripple effects behind. Whilst driving back from New Braunfels last night, I saw LOTS of people changing lanes at 65mph or more, within 5 to 10 feet of the car in front. In all cases, the car being passed, had to tap their brakes. The lane chances were so close, my butthoe puckered just watching it.

For the record, I was in the slow right lane when possible, doing the speed limit, passing people on the right who were in the center lane doing 1-5 mph below the limit. Middle lane for most of the trip, and in the left lane to pass (exceeding the speed limit).

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County

I was trying to exit off US 75, at one of those ramps where the on-ramp feeds the off-ramp as 1 continuous lane. Everyone entering and exiting on that ramp has to cleanly crisscross lanes. Some butt-wipe 20-something female getting on the freeway thought it was great fun to block my exit - she deliberately paced me being sure I couldn't exit, then at last minute gunned it to enter the highway. Laughing!! Thankfully I still had room to exit, but the resentment I felt was intense.

Related: buddy of mine in his F-250 was cut off by one of those moron drivers who suddenly realize "OMG that's my exit WAY OVER THERE!!" then cut across 4 lanes of interstate to make the exit. So he followed her. Pretty soon she got the idea my buddy must not have been happy with her. Eventually she ran a red - so he stopped following. Realized he had gone a bit far with it. Still hopes the driver learned something.

My guess is she still had no idea the pickup following her was the one she had cut off. "Oh, did I cut someone off? I sure didn't see anyone...." Therein is half the problem - some drivers are incredibly inattentive!!

Top Bottom