• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    This guy is an idiot. If he wanted a photo like this, put the camera on a tripod and shoot the photo remotely. Most expensive cameras can do that.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just to play devils advocate. If you're sure of your students training and confident that at the distance they're firing from, what's the real problem? The stress induced on the two students flanking him is a real training tool.
    Not that I would ever suggest anyone try this at home but in a controlled environment it really is better training. Much better than simply punching holes in paper.

Only in very specific circumstances. Commandos do this kind of thing... because they're going to be operating TOGETHER in very high stress, high risk situations and MUST depend on each other. And then there's the part where they're shooting up a full case of ammo per operator per day during training. And that they're some of the best shooters on the planet; can't leave that part out.

This serves zero purpose at a public class. It should be reserved for top level TEAM training for real-world, life-or-death scenarios, because that's the only place it makes sense to take that kind of risk (and it's pretty much the only place that the risk is minimal).

Just stop and look at the details in that video. How many clean, practiced draws do you see? I see tons of improper draw strokes.

These are people trying to use techniques that SEALs use (and only after they've trained like crazy) when most of them can't even get a gun out of a holster properly.

Unfortunately, it seems like "trainers" are going down this "let's go play Green Berets for a day" road more and more.

You aren't an operator. You can't afford to train like one. Don't let an instructor's brochure convince you otherwise.

James Yeager sucks it.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    You aren't an operator. You can't afford to train like one. Don't let an instructor's brochure convince you otherwise.

Just so everyone is perfectly clear, I never implied that I was, nor that I would train like one.

I was just asking for a discussion about the topic at hand.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I posted this ti celebrate winning the copyright claim on youtube.

It was discussed in 2009 and the Yeagermeisters made flase an incorrect copyright claims to make sure the video disappearred.

This was a level 1 class and the instructor should NEVER have sent or let someone be downrange. hell, look atteh shooter next tot eh photog doing a high sabrina 360 right out of charlie's angels.

Commandos may do this, but these ain't Kommandos.

The point of the video is use your head. Just becasue someone is a "well known instructor", doesn't mean they can'ty do crazy, stupid dangerous shit.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Sorry - but going down range in a live fire exercise - when ANYTHING can happen - is proving you're the idiot everyone thinks you are. Period. I don't give a good damn HOW professional the shooter, HOW deadly accurate he is - too many things can happen that aren't planned for. You try something like that on a range *I* am on, I *WILL* stop the line.

You wanna set up a remote camera, that's fine - the only thing at risk is equipment. But given all the tools available to photographers today, there's simply NO good reason to put yourself - or anyone else - at that kind of risk.

this times 10000

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I got nothing to add that hasn't already been said.
    The technology exists - inexpensively - to set up a remote camera. This was a completely unneccesary risk!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just to play devils advocate. If you're sure of your students training and confident that at the distance they're firing from, what's the real problem? The stress induced on the two students flanking him is a real training tool.
    Not that I would ever suggest anyone try this at home but in a controlled environment it really is better training. Much better than simply punching holes in paper.
    I'm at work so can't see the video's right now, but on the topic of force on force training like you're talking about... You're dumb not to at least use airsoft. There's no reason to ever point a "real" gun at someone you're training with.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This topic has been beat to death, and I believe was addressed awhile ago here before. I'm going to lock it.

Suffice to say, stunts like that are just plain stupid. I'll end this with some other words of wisdom:

ConfidentDouche.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom