• Status
    Not open for further replies.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    There is a huge story, back story and details about this and the training this guy's class provides. All was flushed out in 2009. Let me see if I can find the tread.

Starting at 1:30 look to the left by the trees and you see a man in a white shirt down range:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Just to play devils advocate. If you're sure of your students training and confident that at the distance they're firing from, what's the real problem? The stress induced on the two students flanking him is a real training tool.
    Not that I would ever suggest anyone try this at home but in a controlled environment it really is better training. Much better than simply punching holes in paper.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Just to play devils advocate. If you're sure of your students training and confident that at the distance they're firing from, what's the real problem? The stress induced on the two students flanking him is a real training tool.
    Not that I would ever suggest anyone try this at home but in a controlled environment it really is better training. Much better than simply punching holes in paper.

No.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Ok TXI that has to be the shortest response I've ever seen from you.

Next? And I'm not trying to stir the pot I'm asking for an honest, civil, discourse on the subject.

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen

Yes

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    What is seen in the video in the OP is both stupid and dangerous. It serves no training purpose. I have been to plenty of schools run by reputable people, and I can promise you none of them would ever ask a line of students to shoot with a person down range.

If I had been a student I would not have participated in that drill, and I would have left. I have participated in shooting on the move, stationary and moving turns, 2 man tactics where you shoot in extreme close proximity with a partner, and other drills that raise the stress level. Even at that, we wear body armor and ANYONE not 100% sure the drill is safe may sit out with NO objection from an instructor.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry - but going down range in a live fire exercise - when ANYTHING can happen - is proving you're the idiot everyone thinks you are. Period. I don't give a good damn HOW professional the shooter, HOW deadly accurate he is - too many things can happen that aren't planned for. You try something like that on a range *I* am on, I *WILL* stop the line.

You wanna set up a remote camera, that's fine - the only thing at risk is equipment. But given all the tools available to photographers today, there's simply NO good reason to put yourself - or anyone else - at that kind of risk.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I can kind of see where hes coming from. but it doesnt show good safety practices. I dont think I would have agreed to be one of the shooters in the middle. theyve been real lucky they havent had any injuries.

Oh on a semi-unrelated note....2 cars coliding at 55mph equal hitting a wall at 55 NOT 110mph. Newtons 3rd law look it up. Sorry people trying to sound smart but dont know how things really work annoy me.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have heard of classes where students stand across from each other and point their (unloaded) weapons at each other. This is done to allow the students to get the feeling of having a weapon pointed at them. I thought that was dangerous. The first video takes the cake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom