ARJ Defense ad

What keeps us from giving $ to candidates/campaigning for them or giving/doing more?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    As far as R's and D's go they all wish to use the power of government (force) to compel the populace. Some R's make great speeches, but never seem to live up to them.

I would trust libertarians more than most - after all the primary motivation of the libertarian is to leave you alone - that being said, it's hard to imagine a libertarian majority in Congress ever happening. How could a group whose primary motivation is to leave you alone gain control of government? :/

ray55classic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    South of Houston
    For more years than I care to count I've felt NO ONE represents me, Oh yes they'll say the great speech talk the talk, and say anything to be elected. It seems that once elected they ALL forget about the promises they made and could give a damn about me until next election. Do I want Davis? I'd as soon sleep with a rattlesnake. Will I vote Abbott ,Yes. Will I give either my hard earned money NO.

ray55classic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    South of Houston
    The Gun Control issue aside, how about them giving me a reason to? When have you seen anyone running or elected that makes the middle class their priority? The dems only "care" for the poor, to all our detriment, the republicans only truly care about the rich, to all our detriment. Show me someone who truly cares about the middle class and doesn't just use us , and I'll do more than just vote.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    The Gun Control issue aside, how about them giving me a reason to? When have you seen anyone running or elected that makes the middle class their priority? The dems only "care" for the poor, to all our detriment, the republicans only truly care about the rich, to all our detriment. Show me someone who truly cares about the middle class and doesn't just use us , and I'll do more than just vote.

Ron Paul and Rand Paul neither of which are Rep or Dem.

ray55classic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    South of Houston
    I don't "fit " into their talking points. The answer to your 2nd ? Provide for the countrys defense I don't want them to "do" anything for me , just quit "doing it" to me. And BTW I'm also tired of paying for the government to do "it" for everyone else. I have some hope with Rand.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What keeps us from giving $ to candidates/campaigning for them or giving/doin...

Wow. People are in love with libertarianism.

I'm starting to see the answer(s) to my original question.

Yup, get the gov out of my business. Not for the faint of heart, but you should probably start a separate thread for us to argue about that..

hard eight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Richardson
    OP- Don't be so hard on yourself. At least you're informed unlike most citizens. Probably more than half can't name the governor unless given multiple choice answers.

My civil service , Alternate Poll Judge plus a few $$$ to the Senate Conservative Fund, more so when Jim DeMint was running it.
    Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom