• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Who is to say there really was a yellow Lincoln, or that he actually chased them to that incident? Maybe the guy chased them for a mile or so to get their license number, and then they wrecked out 5 miles later. Maybe the kids made up the yellow Lincoln to shift some blame. Maybe there is a guy painting his yellow Lincoln black today.
    Good point
    One reason I run a dash cam
    Gun Zone Deals

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I guess if the police catch him, they can try to tie the display of a firearm to enhance it since the woman got killed. I don't think that particular law has an enhancement? I am sure the lawyer for the 14Y would suggest that. I would go for a jury trial and the DA and the turd's attorney would have a hard time proving that. If the turd was egging a car and driving away in God knows whose car, who is to say he isn't lying about a gun?

The whole stupid game, stupid prizes things.

After reading page 2 (not the story), I think you could tie this guy to the accident (if he gets caught). Connecting him to the firearm will be much tougher if not impossible. So many people run cameras that I'm betting the vehicle was picked up by someone's cameras. The detectives will have to do a canvas to see what turns up.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What if hes 100 yards away?
    Supposedly he was close enough at one point for the kids to see the handgun and he was at the scene of the accident.

But yes, he could have given up the chase but then proceeded to the accident to see the results.

The story doesn't read like that but who knows.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Who is to say there really was a yellow Lincoln, or that he actually chased them to that incident? Maybe the guy chased them for a mile or so to get their license number, and then they wrecked out 5 miles later. Maybe the kids made up the yellow Lincoln to shift some blame. Maybe there is a guy painting his yellow Lincoln black today.
    Supposedly he was close enough at one point for the kids to see the handgun and he was at the scene of the accident.

But yes, he could have given up the chase but then proceeded to the accident to see the results.

The story doesn't read like that but who knows.
    All good points.

The story doesn't fill in all the details of exactly how it went down.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    ^this

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    All depends on witnesses and what they saw.

Doesn't matter who saw what, it's what the the lawyers can prove in a court room. But police have the time to make it look like they want it to, twist words of witnesses and flat out lie.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Doesn't matter who saw what, it's what the the lawyers can prove in a court room. But police have the time to make it look like they want it to, twist words of witnesses and flat out lie.

What an asinine response!

First, are you insinuating that witness testimony is useless in a court of law? Far from it.

Secondly, explain why the police would have to change anything about the case. Who do you allege they would be covering up for, and why?

I'll go ahead and add you to the 'ignore' feature on this forum, as you obviously have biased opinions about things you don't have the first clue about!

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky

First, are you insinuating that witness testimony is useless in a court of law? Far from it.

Secondly, explain why the police would have to change anything about the case. Who do you allege they would be covering up for, and why?

I'll go ahead and add you to the 'ignore' feature on this forum, as you obviously have biased opinions about things you don't have the first clue about!

Thanks

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas

5 different people could witness the same thing and recount 5 different versions
    Maybe cops would want to deflect some blame on an adult and not a juvenile who will get a comparative slap on the wrist ?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Witnesses can corroborate an account of what they saw happened as far as an arrest is concerned. I wasn't alleging an outcome of a court of law.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    5 different people could witness the same thing and recount 5 different versions
    Maybe cops would want to deflect some blame on an adult and not a juvenile who will get a comparative slap on the wrist ?

I don't disagree, but witness testimony doesn't get automatically discounted in court as claimed, either. It is taken into consideration along with all the other evidence.

Secondly, I doubt the cops care about lightening the charges against a 14-yr-old when there was a death involved. This isn't a broken window or some other harmless prank, a life was lost and those responsible need to be held accountable. I doubt there is a LEO around that would want otherwise...

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    I don't disagree, but witness testimony doesn't get automatically discounted in court as claimed, either. It is taken into consideration along with all the other evidence.

Secondly, I doubt the cops care about lightening the charges against a 14-yr-old when there was a death involved. This isn't a broken window or some other harmless prank, a life was lost and those responsible need to be held accountable. I doubt there is a LEO around that would want otherwise...

Cops want to close cases. Cops job is to arrest people not try them. They have already assume probable guilt by arresting them or it is a false arrest.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If cops do not get charged when a bad actor kills someone in a crash, neither should Joe Sixpack.

They say his car is a late-model 1970s Lincoln Continental in either yellow or gold with a white top.

If this car exists, it should be easy to find. Who provided the description? No way a 14 yo knows what a 70 Lincoln is.

Top Bottom