• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    >

This morning we awake to “Speaker Kevin”; a politician who talks good but does bad. ? “Sound Familiar” ?

it is called a “RINO”.

Meanwhile, respect for Matt Gaetz soars, while Crenshaw is at commode-level despite his military sacrifices.

Yesterday’s “holdouts” would be 1775’s PATRIOTS !

We must defund and disempower BOTH political parties, if we plan to survive.

Never, ever respond to any request for donation, nor give to any party. Support and donate ONLY to individual candidates of whom you personally approve.

leVieux

Commode level? That stank should be flushed and headed to the septic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Your VP candidate in 2016 (Bill Weld) was a hard core supporter of gun control.

In the 1990s he supported "assault weapons" bans. He has also come out in support of "Red Flag" laws, so your rights can secretly be restricted without you facing your accuser or having any defense in court, but don't worry because you can spend tens of thousands of dollars on attorneys' fees to try to get them back.

Maybe you should look into the guys you champion a bit instead of just feeling important for tossing your vote into the abyss. The 2016 election was the one that made me finally decide the Libertarians are not serious about doing anything but siphoning away conservative votes to thereby keep weak RINOs in office.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

We have ignored too much, for too long,

then,

We waited & waited for them to tix the problems THEY had CAUSED,

now,

We wait again, expecting some resolution & improvement, but are not seeing much real actioon.

What we do see is impacted intransigence, coupled with political arrogance.

Am I the only one here who recalls the French Revolution ?

As an example of what can happen to tyrants ?

Or, the more recent going-away “event” the Romanians threw for the Ceaucsscu’s “

As old T.J. told us: “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.”

Will we & ours wake-up in time ?

or,

Will we go quietly as “sheep” to their slaughter, led by the Judas goat, Obama, who still rules over us from behind-stage ?

leVieux

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    ... and install term limitation to start.

Legislation won't fix that. That'll require a Constitutional amendment - and you know there's no way 2/3 of Congress will vote to limit their own terms. We'll need 2/3 of the states to hold an Article V Constitutional convention, propose the amendment, and ratify it. There has been an effort underway since 2015. So far 19 states have passed resolutions to hold a Convention. Texas is among them.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Legislation won't fix that. That'll require a Constitutional amendment - and you know there's no way 2/3 of Congress will vote to limit their own terms. We'll need 2/3 of the states to hold an Article V Constitutional convention, propose the amendment, and ratify it. There has been an effort underway since 2015. So far 19 states have passed resolutions to hold a Convention. Texas is among them.
    Yes, but I fear that they set their sights too low. If we go to all the trouble to do this, we shouldn't. be too timid.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yes, but I fear that they set their sights too low. If we go to all the trouble to do this, we shouldn't. be too timid.

The biggest problem is people and organizations who should be on board with it who instead engage in a fantasy of a "runaway convention" that would somehow destroy the Constitution...despite the fact that Article V is well thought out and has provisions to prevent such an occurence.

TxPython357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Spuger, TX
    The biggest problem is people and organizations who should be on board with it who instead engage in a fantasy of a "runaway convention" that would somehow destroy the Constitution...despite the fact that Article V is well thought out and has provisions to prevent such an occurence.
    Those old rich white guys who owned slaves were pretty smart fellers, huh?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Yes, that is TRUE !

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Those old rich white guys who owned slaves were pretty smart fellers, huh?

Up to and including being smart enough not to enshrine slavery or specify anything as applying only to white, male landowners...so yes. Smarter than any of the idiots running around today.

Also, a good portion of them (nearly half) were abolitionists. Don't drink the Kool-Aid.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Up to and including being smart enough not to enshrine slavery or specify anything as applying only to white, male landowners...so yes. Smarter than any of the idiots running around today.

Also, a good portion of them (nearly half) were abolitionists. Don't drink the Kool-Aid.

>
    When I began to study this era for my own curiosity, I was advised by Pro’s to only examine the Original Records left by the participants, as all later summarizations were biased.

The degree of “bias” was much greater than I ever imagined. Today, I just tell anyone interested in TRUTH to simply read Lincoln’t own published speeches; but to read them in their entirety, and in proper chronological order.

Lincoln clearly tells one and all what his motives & aims were.

Lincoln was NOT the nice man he is portrayed as today.

We, and the World, have been misled horribly by the entire FAUX-“History”.

leVieux

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    >
    When I began to study this era for my own curiosity, I was advised by Pro’s to only examine the Original Records left by the participants, as all later summarizations were biased.

The degree of “bias” was much greater than I ever imagined. Today, I just tell anyone interested in TRUTH to simply read Lincoln’t own published speeches; but to read them in their entirety, and in proper chronological order.

Lincoln clearly tells one and all what his motives & aims were.

Lincoln was NOT the nice man he is portrayed as today.

We, and the World, have been misled horribly by the entire FAUX-“History”.

leVieux

The left's need to vilify our entire history becomes blatantly obvious when you actually read documents and correspondence from the actual time these things happened. One of my friends went on a rant a year or two ago about how the Constitution was written by and for "rich white men". When I challenged her to find for me any mention in the Preamble or the first ten Amendments about skin color, wealth, or gender she couldn't. She didn't like being told that they were smart enough to refer only to "the People" as beneficiaries of the Constitution's protections knowing full well that the definition of "the People" would likely change and expand long after their deaths. These men didn't write the founding documents to serve their own interests, they wrote them knowing they would be the foundation of a nation's government and that they'd have to remain valid in a society that would evolve and grow. That is a mark of genius.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

I’ve spent decades informally studying the U S “Civil War”, and surrrounding circumstances; after “learning” the commonly accepted “history”.

I can confirm that we, our Ancestors, and the entire World have been flat-out LIED to for some 150 years.

Some things I have discovered:

Only a tiny percentage of antebellum Southerners owned slaves.

Two of the five Largest Louisiana slaveholders were Black.

Fewer than half of the Blacks in Louisiana were Slaves.

The largest Slave Dealer in the South was a Black Man.

My home State, alone, had some 2,800 “Gens de Coleur” (Free Blacks) volunteer as CSA combat troops. NOT SERVANTS, NOR DRAFTEES, combat volunteers. (Why haven’t we ever seen this before?)

Many Slaves in both South Carolina and Louisiana kept firearms and ammo in their homes.

Free Blacks could not become enslaved.

Of the thousands of written private/personal writings I’ve seen, only ONE even mentioned Slaves; that was a letter from a Soldier away at War, instructing his Son to free their Slaves.

Lincoln, publicly and in writing, repeatedly confirmed that he had “no interest in freeing Slaves.”

”Zod”, as above, is corrrect.

Just as our own Young have been LIED-TO, so were we !

leVieux

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    >

I’ve spent decades informally studying the U S “Civil War”, and surrrounding circumstances; after “learning” the commonly accepted “history”.

I can confirm that we, our Ancestors, and the entire World have been flat-out LIED to for some 150 years.

Some things I have discovered:

Only a tiny percentage of antebellum Southerners owned slaves.

Two of the five Largest Louisiana slaveholders were Black.

Fewer than half of the Blacks in Louisiana were Slaves.

The largest Slave Dealer in the South was a Black Man.

My home State, alone, had some 2,800 “Gens de Coleur” (Free Blacks) volunteer as CSA combat troops. NOT SERVANTS, NOR DRAFTEES, combat volunteers. (Why haven’t we ever seen this before?)

Many Slaves in both South Carolina and Louisiana kept firearms and ammo in their homes.

Free Blacks could not become enslaved.

Of the thousands of written private/personal writings I’ve seen, only ONE even mentioned Slaves; that was a letter from a Soldier away at War, instructing his Son to free their Slaves.

Lincoln, publicly and in writing, repeatedly confirmed that he had “no interest in freeing Slaves.”

”Zod”, as above, is corrrect.

Just as our own Young have been LIED-TO, so were we !

leVieux

As far as Lincoln goes, his solution for freed slaves was to deport them 'back" to Africa...a continent most of them were three and four generations or more removed from. The nation of Liberia was created as the new "ancestral home" for these involuntary immigrants, and it was an unmitigated disaster, as was an attempt to force them to settle in Haiti.

“Your race suffer from living among us, while ours suffer from your presence… It is better for us both, therefore, to be separated.”
    - Abraham Lincoln to a delegation of black leaders at the White House, 1862

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Indiana.

I am in Texas and other parts of God's land (aka "The South") often.

The owner of TGT has a sister forum for Indiana:

There are some that frequent both.

I figured it may be best to post here given the reference to the sister forum, INGO.

A "mod" there who, by all accounts was a great guy, lost his life in a head on collision with another tank hauler.

Not even 50...leaves a wife and kids behind.

If so inclined, say a prayer and let folks there know.

Tough days indeed.

(Friendly advice: Your wife and children know you love them, but tell them anyway)

Top Bottom