• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Why has this thread turned into a giant pissing contest? It's a f**cking forum where we're all supposed to be pro 2A, not bitching about what someone else here thinks.
    Because right about post 145, someone was so kind as to attribute opinions and attitudes to me that do not belong there, which were incredibly fun to challenge for the sheer exercise of it. I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy it.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I'll put this here too.

ED-1FLvXoAE5_MZ?format=png&name=small.png

Attachments

• ED-1FLvXoAE5_MZ?format=png&name=small.png
      ED-1FLvXoAE5_MZ?format=png&name=small.png
      192.3 KB · Views: 543

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    No, you don't understand....gotta prove who is more 2A....

Jeebus....just break out the micrometers gentlemen...

It actually was about being accused of being anti 2A, and also of letting the country go to hell on the back of my apparently shitty decision-making skills.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Nobody cares about your shirt. The only thing that matters is $$$. For a lot of folks, especially in rural areas, WM is the only option since they ran off mom & pop shops. So I get why folks may shop there. And with the money they save, they can donate to pro-gun causes like NRA, err, I mean ....

I always laugh when people say Walmart "ran off the old mom & pop shops"...it wasn't Walmart, it was the customers who chose to shop there instead of the mom and pop shops...

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Kroger’s statement about all their thoughts on the need for “common sense gun control” was actually pretty appalling to me.

I think they are ignorant, and cow-tow-ing. Like most everyone.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Wildcat Diva,

Fyi,

Our family NO LONGER enters Kroger, Target or Wal-Mart & will NOT until/unless they change their anti-2nd Amendment policies. = None of the stores sell anything that is NOT available elsewhere.

I suggest that all of us patriots phone/email/write all of them & tell them that we are now BOYCOTTING their firms until the policy is changed & the change is broadcasted on NATIONAL TV.
    (HITTING the companies in the pocketbook is ALL that they understand & will respond to.)

yours, satx & family

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Mine has an FFL and sells guns and ammo.

Predatory pricing, tax breaks, road improvement projects, just some of the ways WM makes sure the playing field is tilted in their favor.

Predatory pricing...no such thing.

Tax break, road projects...talk to your city council.

In the end though, the mom and pop places are gone because people chose to go to Walmart instead of supporting the hometown businesses that had always been there. That’s on the people, not Walmart.

I enjoy RC planes and hear people complain constantly about the lack of Hobby shops, yet they will order from what amounts to a mega warehouse to save a few bucks and get free shipping. I still go in to the shops and try to buy there first, even if it means a few days waiting for the order to come in. Amazon isn’t running those shops out of business, consumers are making that choice.

Same with people who bitch about the customer service at Best Buy. But when there were electronics stores with knowledgeable staff the majority chose to instead save a few bucks and buy from a box store full of employees who only knew what the tag said and didn’t know what any of that really meant. They chose not to pay for customer service or knowledgeable staff.

I love Dr Pepper. They add lots of sugar to make it taste better than water. But I won’t blame Dr Pepper Bottling Co if I get diabetes because they made it tempting for me to drink it instead of water.

It’s the consumer that chooses who survives and who doesn’t. Not Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    While I appreciate the considerate suggestion, I don’t expect Wal-mart, Kroger or other companies to understand or respond to my demands.

I’m just going to do what I think is best for my family, and I hope that you can see that that’s NOT anti 2-A of me, and that me deciding that: is not showing an attitude of “to hell with this country,” as has been mentioned in previous posts herein by other posters.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Predatory pricing...no such thing.

Of course there is. It is well defined and often illegal. It is a common tactic many big corps use to attack competitors, especially smaller ones.

Irony was when American Airlines tried it against SWA and nearly put themselves out of business.

And then there is New London Case.....

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I always laugh when people say Walmart "ran off the old mom & pop shops"...it wasn't Walmart, it was the customers who chose to shop there instead of the mom and pop shops...

Such a small view of the macro economics of business to not understand the tools a big Corp can employ to drive out competition that the customer has no control over.

I always laugh when people think businesses do not want run their competitors off, and don’t employ strategies to do just that. ROFL.

Last edited:

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    They can afford to pay employees more and can charge less for product due to bulk purchases at distribution, etc. I agree the consumer still has the choice to pay more at the mom and pop.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    My local hardware store and tractor supply are much more expensive than Walmart.

Do I tell my 17 year that taking that machinist class next semester will have to wait or maybe never happen because every six months we are losing $400 by spending more on household supplies for a family of five? Yeah but at least we stood on principle.

If you are living $75 from the ragged edge every month maybe you need to re-do your budget

Sorry wildcat that's just one post of your many I liked that couldn't take

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Another thought for t-shirts. I got tired of wading they pages of to see if anyone thought of it. For 30.07

A T-Shirt with "I'm carrying a concealed weapon but this store won't let you see what it is" Or some variation of it.

Or for 30.06, "I may be carrying a concealed weapon to protect you since the store won't"

Those could be hilarious.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Younggun,

While I agree with much of what you wrote in #230, it IS Wal-Mart's sole fault that they chose to "bow down to" the LEFTIST, "gun control advocates" & change their longstanding corporate gun policies.

IF they chose to continue to bow to the ignorant prejudices of the MORON LEFT, they can do without many pro-2nd Amendment/our family's business.
    (As I said to another member, IF they chose to be "cooperative with" the anti-gun minority & follow the "Progressive"/leftist line, they will "get hit in the pocketbook". = That's on Wal-Mart & their stockholders.)

UNTIL/UNLESS Wal-Mart's ownership APOLOGIZES to 2nd Amendment supporters on National TV, publicly REVERSES their current stance on guns/ammo & tells the MORON LEFT "to go butt a stump", we will NOT shop there again.- Our decision is FINAL.

yours, satx & family

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    If you are living $75 from the ragged edge every month maybe you need to re-do your budget

Sorry wildcat that's just one post of your many I liked that couldn't take

Consider that I’m not willing to give up $75 month worth of anything. I don’t think supposedly standing on principles is really meaning what some think it is meaning, and I don’t think it’s worth $75 a month, even if I spend that on something nice for myself or something needed.

I think assuming that in any given month’s budget that there should be two hours worth of paid work hours I should be willing to throw away is a bit presumptuous to ask of any working person. Maybe you think me throwing those away supposedly on principle is tantamount to saving the second amendment, but I don’t see it that way.

I think if I really REALLY started looking at all what my dollars went to, I would be just as unhappy with most of it. I could get real “activistic” real quick, on a lot of fronts. I can find a problem with much of where it goes, so why not be happy with the good I can do with what I have retained by supposedly stepping on principle? I find there is value in that too. So that’s where I choose to focus.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    So since I don’t believe that making that choice (spending more time and money than I want to) is actually accomplishing the thing (saving the second amendment) and since I have my own good uses for those previously mentioned resources that DO matter to me in a very real way, why should I make that choice?

Top Bottom