• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Obama is the greatest threat to our individual liberty that we've seen in decades. Of course, he's an incompetent prick who probably couldn't balance his own checkbook but that's not my greatest concern. He sees himself as a citizen of the World instead of as an American. If I worked in the Oval Office, every decision would be based on what's best for our nation and her people. Screw anyone else. Obama thinks that if he benefits Pakistan or some other nation, eventually that will come around to help the people of the US....because we're in the same big boat, right? I would gladly shove the UN building right off of our soil. Their treaties mean nothing to me.

Having said that, I am 31 years clean (no drugs) and sober (no booze). I do have experience with the substances mentioned in these posts and my thinking about them has evolved over the years.

I HATE booze and it's only been in the last few years that I can stand being around anyone who is drinking. I still hit the door after party people have had their 3rd or 4th drink. I absolutely hate that shit from beer to Jack Daniels.

Drugs still call to me even after all these years. I hear folks say that pot and similar drugs are not addictive but that's not how it reads from this chair. I would never vote to legalize it. If it is legalized, I would never touch it. 31 years and it still calls to me like the best lover I ever had. It's not addictive.........sure.

Flash

Flash, with all due respect (and not trying to belittle your post at all), your issues in the past were not a result of weed being legal versus illegal. They were a result of your actions.

Just like guns, drugs have to be used properly and responsibly. An outright ban on them makes as much sense as a ban on guns. Where should the line be drawn? I don't know but each state should get to decide that for themselves.
    Capitol Armory ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Drugs still call to me even after all these years. I hear folks say that pot and similar drugs are not addictive but that's not how it reads from this chair. I would never vote to legalize it. If it is legalized, I would never touch it. 31 years and it still calls to me like the best lover I ever had. It's not addictive.........sure.

Flash

Damn, that's some f'kd up shit right there. Congrats on your long life of sobriety.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When they say "One day at a time", they aren't kidding. I fight that shit every day of my life. It's ringing my bell right now.

Hippie, you made a lot of sense. I couldn't personally support legalization of those substances because of my experience. If our state voted to legalize the substances, I'd accept that. That approach is in keeping with my "Live & let live lifestyle" and way of life. I wouldn't need to participate because I can't handle it personally. It would allow others who COULD enjoy it to live their own lives.

If someone injured another person driving while impaired or misbehaving, they pay a legal penalty. There's nothing to be gained by filling the prisons with pot smokers. Yes....that sounds like a plan.

I'm comfortable with that philosophy and it keeps me out of the same boat as the Libtards...."If YOU don't like it, then ban it!"

Now....the UN. Screw 'em. Stay away from the US. UN troops sent here will not be greeted as friends.

Flash

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    When they say "One day at a time", they aren't kidding. I fight that shit every day of my life. It's ringing my bell right now.

Hippie, you made a lot of sense. I couldn't personally support legalization of those substances because of my experience. If our state voted to legalize the substances, I'd accept that. That approach is in keeping with my "Live & let live lifestyle" and way of life. I wouldn't need to participate because I can't handle it personally. It would allow others who COULD enjoy it to live their own lives.

If someone injured another person driving while impaired or misbehaving, they pay a legal penalty. There's nothing to be gained by filling the prisons with pot smokers. Yes....that sounds like a plan.

I'm comfortable with that philosophy and it keeps me out of the same boat as the Libtards...."If YOU don't like it, then ban it!"

Now....the UN. Screw 'em. Stay away from the US. UN troops sent here will not be greeted as friends.

Flash

BTW, congrats on the years of sobriety. Its a huge achievement and takes a ton of willpower, a lot more than most people will probably (and hopefully) ever know.

Top Bottom