• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there entire countries where weed an other, far more detrimental drugs are perfectly legal? Don't see the UN bitching about that, do ya?

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    We'll see what sort of future the government wants us to have when they make a decision on this. As far as I'm concerned the U.N. can kiss my ass...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Irks me when they say marijuana use is legal in those states. No it's not. It's just not illegal enough that the individual state will prosecute, it's still illegal in accordance with federal laws.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I can kinda see the point. After all we led the charge to criminalize it because 'it was making our innocent little white womenz want to get with black guys'. We pushed to make it illegal over as much of the world as we could using threats of embargoes and other deterioration of trade/defense relations. Now those same nations are seeing the push back here and calling BS.

For the record I am not now nor have I ever been a marijuana user or an advocate. But that does not leave me unable to spot hypocrisy.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What's the UN going to do? Invade with our own troops? Maybe send some third world conscripts with unloaded rifles and blue hats?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    What's the UN going to do? Invade with our own troops? Maybe send some third world conscripts with unloaded rifles and blue hats?

734625_594836433877243_1738347089_n.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Obama is the greatest threat to our individual liberty that we've seen in decades. Of course, he's an incompetent prick who probably couldn't balance his own checkbook but that's not my greatest concern. He sees himself as a citizen of the World instead of as an American. If I worked in the Oval Office, every decision would be based on what's best for our nation and her people. Screw anyone else. Obama thinks that if he benefits Pakistan or some other nation, eventually that will come around to help the people of the US....because we're in the same big boat, right? I would gladly shove the UN building right off of our soil. Their treaties mean nothing to me.

Having said that, I am 31 years clean (no drugs) and sober (no booze). I do have experience with the substances mentioned in these posts and my thinking about them has evolved over the years.

I HATE booze and it's only been in the last few years that I can stand being around anyone who is drinking. I still hit the door after party people have had their 3rd or 4th drink. I absolutely hate that shit from beer to Jack Daniels.

Drugs still call to me even after all these years. I hear folks say that pot and similar drugs are not addictive but that's not how it reads from this chair. I would never vote to legalize it. If it is legalized, I would never touch it. 31 years and it still calls to me like the best lover I ever had. It's not addictive.........sure.

Flash

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there entire countries where weed an other, far more detrimental drugs are perfectly legal? Don't see the UN bitching about that, do ya?

Yes, and I personally believe they've set up a great example.

Ten Years Ago Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs. What Happened Next? | The Fix

Following decriminalization, Portugal eventually found itself with the lowest rates of marijuana usage in people over 15 in the EU: about 10%. Compare this to the 40% of people over 12 who regularly smoke pot in the U.S., a country with some of the most punitive drugs laws in the developed world. Drug use of all kinds has declined in Portugal: Lifetime use among seventh to ninth graders fell from 14.01% to 10.6%. Lifetime heroin use among 16-18 year olds fell from 2.5% to 1.8%. And what about those horrific HIV infection rates that prompted the move in the first place? HIV infection rates among drug users fell by an incredible 17%, while drug related deaths were reduced by more than half. "There is no doubt that the phenomenon of addiction is in decline in Portugal," saidJoao Goulao, President of the Institute of Drugs and Drugs Addiction, at a press conference to mark the 10th anniversary of the law.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I don't recall Colorado signing a treaty with the UN. The 10th Ammendment says pot legalization is a state issue.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Drugs still call to me even after all these years. I hear folks say that pot and similar drugs are not addictive but that's not how it reads from this chair. I would never vote to legalize it. If it is legalized, I would never touch it. 31 years and it still calls to me like the best lover I ever had. It's not addictive.........sure.

Flash

So true. Spoken from maturity.

Top Bottom