• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    When you get a chance swap out that stock exhaust for an aftermarket one.
    I might, I don’t want anything too loud though. There’s enough ringing in my ears already, those loud pipes aggravate me.

I need to do a fender elimination kit, upgrade the headlights to LED, a blinking taillight and possibly the front turn signals.
    DK Firearms

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You won't believe this.... but I had that very same bike. 2 things.... 1st- it hauls ass! 2nd- It handles very well. I hit a curb racing my buddies WS6 exiting off the highway doing about 70mph. It just shrugged it off and kept plowing forward. Not one of my finer moments.... but luckily I had a momma that did a lot of praying for my safety.

Have fun, man. Great find.

Last edited:

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    I would be leary of a 20 year old bike with that few miles on it. It means it was just not ridden. But that's me. I've also put 1400 miles on a bike in a 24 hour period.

I would have all the fluids changed. Ride it and watch for a couple of weeks and check for leaks around the gaskets. Then I would change all the fluids again.

Be safe out there. Assume the cages DO NOT see you, nor care if you are there or not. Don't over ride your abilities, that's when you get in trouble. In this heat, drink plenty of water, not coffee, not cokes, not energy drinks. This past June I rode to Knoxville in the 100+ heat. No matter how much water we drank it was not enough.

Lastly, enjoy!

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh BTW way.... this is the only way to fly for exhaust.

1657858153373.png

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I would be leary of a 20 year old bike with that few miles on it. It means it was just not ridden. But that's me. I've also put 1400 miles on a bike in a 24 hour period.

I would have all the fluids changed. Ride it and watch for a couple of weeks and check for leaks around the gaskets. Then I would change all the fluids again.

I have similar thoughts. With an average of just 70mi/yr, that's a whole lot of storage time when even in the best conditions, seals of all types can deteriorate/fail. Whether you or the seller do it, I would insist it be ridden a minimum of 5 miles and then while discussing for at least 30min, diligently check for leaks while on center (or held upright) and sidestands. Not just the motor but forks, rear strut, brake system, blinker fluid ;), et. al.

She does look fresh out of the crate and is a beauty, good luck.

Last edited:

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    That is beautiful. I would not change a thing on it except for safety purposes. The modulating headlight gets a lot af attention as does the brake light mod. Love the green. Be safe.

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    I think you’re going to enough heat coming off the radiator. I would keep the exhaust low away from your butt. That stock muffler really isn’t bad looking.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I also had a ZX6R, but an 05 model. Unfortunately it was Red. Always loved the green ones. Definitely stay safe out there.
    I was looking for either a green bike or black one. I prefer the green and maybe the bright color will be easier to see. The only bike I’ve owned was a 97 ZX-6. Wish I had bought the R back then but I was an impatient kid and had to have one then.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Congratulations on getting back on the (iron) horse. Be careful out there, they try to kill us every chance they get.
    At least your bike is bright green and they cannot claim "oh em gee, I did not see you". Make yourself seen but still ride like you're invisible. You are your only friend out there!

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Got the bike on Sunday and dropped it off today at the shop. Having a bunch of preventative maintenance done on it so may be up to two weeks before I get it back as he said they are about a week out right now.

Everyone in the shop was very impressed with the condition of the bike. It really is in unbelievable condition.

Really would like find a period correct D&D exhaust.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Got the bike on Sunday and dropped it off today at the shop. Having a bunch of preventative maintenance done on it so may be up to two weeks before I get it back as he said they are about a week out right now.

Everyone in the shop was very impressed with the condition of the bike. It really is in unbelievable condition.

Really would like find a period correct D&D exhaust.
    OUCH!
    Now WHY would you do that?
    If you want it done right, you can't let a dealer/shop touch it!
    How much more crap will be broken after you get it back? Have you ever had a positive experience with any shop? Especially MC mechanics?

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Went back on Wednesday to check on inspection paperwork and it was on display inside. Bikes in for work are pulled into the garage space in the evening and rolled outside during the day, not mine. The owner wanted it inside.

It does look good for being 20 years old.

I’m gonna have the bike wrapped in PPF next.

Strongly disagree, it looks fantastic, great find! Hope all works all well for you.
    Maybe we can ride someday; you on the sexy hot rod and me on the practical station wagon.

Top Bottom