• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Made a comment at home a few weeks ago about gas prices and how my Expedition (5.4 V8) was costing a lot of money to drive the 42 miles round trip everyday. I joked about getting a motorcycle for the commute and the wife said “it kinda makes sense.” Since that doesn’t mean no, I started looking.

I haven’t ridden any bike since 2005. I’ve eyeballed cruisers over the years and even joked about a trike. Since I’m finally gonna pull the trigger, somehow I ended up looking at crotch rockets agains. Hopefully pick it up Sunday. A 2002 ZX-6R with 1,400 original miles. Bike is in phenomenal shape, always stored in a garage and never been dropped or laid down. There are a couple of spots on the tank not perfect but everything else looks like it just came out of the crate. Tuesday I’m taking it to the shop and replacing all the fluids, plugs, etc. that a bike that has been sitting needs.
    9DC2EECF-AC31-4EFD-8F7E-29D37EFF781A.jpeg
    22F168F2-82FB-432A-8853-DCC7E042FA64.jpeg
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Out here by the lake I seldom see many murder cycles. Nice high speed road with less congestion of shit for brain drivers, but with the amount of dead deer & hogs I see I can figure it out pretty quick

I know a guy on another forum that hit a deer 2-3 weeks ago. His second major lay down with injuries. Wonder what the third time is the charm will be for him?

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    You are a braver man the myself. Be carful indeed.
    I live out of town and my job is on the outskirts. It doesn’t require any real city driving. I’m sure at some point I’ll drive around more but this is within my comfort zone for now. I also go to work before much traffic is on the roads.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Is that showing 2 years old?
    I can't tell for sure.

I just wanted to make sure they weren't 20 years old.
    Yea sir, he said they were newer and that’s the pic he sent me.

First owner bought it as a collectible and it got a few miles here and there, he wanted to keep it below 700 miles and when he finally broke that number he decided to sell. Next owner collected Suzukis but decided to buy some Kawasakis and then decided to go back to Suzuki. Recent owner bought it and decided he didn’t need that many bikes with his upcoming move and med school starting.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Out here by the lake I seldom see many murder cycles. Nice high speed road with less congestion of shit for brain drivers, but with the amount of dead deer & hogs I see I can figure it out pretty quick

I know a guy on another forum that hit a deer 2-3 weeks ago. His second major lay down with injuries. Wonder what the third time is the charm will be for him?
    Ya that always concerns me. Back about 4 years ago, wife and I took the bike out to Hot Spring, AR after work on a Friday. We were still an hour out, it was dark, and there were deer grazing off the highway. That was a white knuckle ride for sure. Ended up drafting the cages on that leg of the trip regardless of how slow they were going

Top Bottom