Hurley's Gold

TV Programs You Enjoy Watching..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Vikings is different because of the times it's set in - they weren't necessarily law breakers, they were part of a raiding culture where power was there for whoever was strong enough to take it...and then that guy got to make the laws.

But yeah, Breaking Bad held no interest for me. But sometimes the outlaw protagonist does interest me...it's a weird thing. Could be because outlaw bikers are an actual danger I encounter in the real world...and although I don't encounter the mafia (to my knowledge), they are actually currently out there doing their thing as well. You won't find me voluntarily watching some show about Somali pirates, but 17th century buccaneers ("Black Sails", anyone)? Sign me up.

The only show in this genre I watch is PEAKY BLINDERS, and it's not for the criminal characters. PB has a lot of historical aspects that I find interesting: the world after WWI, the Troubles, the rise of Communism, etc. And the cast is a collection of incredible actors not seen too often. It almost makes me forget that these characters are absolute monsters with no redeeming quality....

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The only show in this genre I watch is PEAKY BLINDERS, and it's not for the criminal characters. PB has a lot of historical aspects that I find interesting: the world after WWI, the Troubles, the rise of Communism, etc. And the cast is a collection of incredible actors not seen too often. It almost makes me forget that these characters are absolute monsters with no redeeming quality....
    Great show.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX

In the same vane is Boardwalk Empire on Prime. Steve Buscemi is good in it.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Really like Death in Paradise.
    There's a spinoff called "Beyond Paradise" with the character "DI Humphrey Goodman" from about 2015. It's on Prime and others.

1710875163085.jpeg

Top Bottom