Target Sports

TV Programs You Enjoy Watching..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Lack of interest in the lives and adventures of outlaw bikers.
    I originally avoided it since am not into Harleys or biker culture. Then I watched a few episodes and was hooked. The bikes are just a context for a Sopranos style story. They don't spend much time talking about bikes or showing off bike parts. They do talk about Biker code much like soldiers would LOAC, samurai would Bushido, or mobsters would omerta. Good characters, writing, and storylines.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I originally avoided it since am not into Harleys or biker culture. Then I watched a few episodes and was hooked. The bikes are just a context for a Sopranos style story. They don't spend much time talking about bikes or showing off bike parts. They do talk about Biker code much like soldiers would LOAC, samurai would Bushido, or mobsters would omerta. Good characters, writing, and storylines.

See, I had no interest in the Sopranos because of the mafia thing. Same deal. Just not that "into" guys in organized crime being the protagonists.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    See, I had no interest in the Sopranos because of the mafia thing. Same deal. Just not that "into" guys in organized crime being the protagonists.
    Yeah, having bad guys as sympathetic protagonists has been growing in popularity. The problem is the old storylines (cop, doc, press, lawyer procedurals) are just predictably boring and redundant. Some of the biggest hits (Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Vikings) show the trials and tribulations of law breakers.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, having bad guys as sympathetic protagonists has been growing in popularity. The problem is the old storylines (cop, doc, press, lawyer procedurals) are just predictably boring and redundant. Some of the biggest hits (Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Vikings) show the trials and tribulations of law breakers.

Vikings is different because of the times it's set in - they weren't necessarily law breakers, they were part of a raiding culture where power was there for whoever was strong enough to take it...and then that guy got to make the laws.

But yeah, Breaking Bad held no interest for me. But sometimes the outlaw protagonist does interest me...it's a weird thing. Could be because outlaw bikers are an actual danger I encounter in the real world...and although I don't encounter the mafia (to my knowledge), they are actually currently out there doing their thing as well. You won't find me voluntarily watching some show about Somali pirates, but 17th century buccaneers ("Black Sails", anyone)? Sign me up.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Vikings is different because of the times it's set in - they weren't necessarily law breakers, they were part of a raiding culture where power was there for whoever was strong enough to take it...and then that guy got to make the laws.
    I think the better shows tell both sides of the story: The Wire had strong characters on the cop side and on the gang side. Breaking Bad had some of this as well. This way you get the novelty of seeing the villians at work but can still root for the good guys. Sons of Anarchy had very little of the LEO side and tended to focus on gang on gang warfare.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I like Breaking Bad. But I have zero compassion for Walt. Though I do for Jesse. Bad decisions got compounded

But I like when Walt dies. He needed to. Lots of rooting for bad things to happen to bad guys in that show.

I see it more as a cautionary tale.

Watching it for the third time right now.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I like Breaking Bad. But I have zero compassion for Walt. Though I do for Jesse. Bad decisions got compounded

But I like when Walt dies. He needed to. Lots of rooting for bad things to happen to bad guys in that show.

I see it more as a cautionary tale.

Watching it for the third time right now.

One of the reasons I like Danny Trejo - he insists that any bad guy he plays (and with his looks, he gets a lot of 'bad guy' roles) has to die in the movie/show. He doesn't want the bad guy to look like he's going to get away with it.

1709221736110.png

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    One of the reasons I like Danny Trejo - he insists that any bad guy he plays (and with his looks, he gets a lot of 'bad guy' roles) has to die in the movie/show. He doesn't want the bad guy to look like he's going to get away with it.

View attachment 437248

He does always die doesn't he......

Loved him in the Mariachi movie. I always like his characters.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    He does always die doesn't he......

Loved him in the Mariachi movie. I always like his characters.

HIs life story is pretty impressive. Career criminal and drug addict as a teenager, wound up in San Quentin in his 20s, and when he got out he completely turned his life around. Got his first acting gig while working as a crew member on a movie because they needed someone who looked tough. Now he makes movies constantly just because he enjoys it, helps people overcome addiction, has a chain of taco restaurants and a chain of donut shops, and once when there was a terrible wreck in front of the first Trejo's Tacos location that resulted in a minivan flipping over, Trejo helped get a five year old out and crawled inside the van to hold the hand of the woman trapped inside and keep her calm.

Plus he's a sci-fi geek. Points for that.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yeah, I remember the movie set boxing story. Looks the part but his actions are of a really good dude.

Top Bottom