• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    One last comment. The best action at this point would be to follow Rand Paul's thinking. The defunding is not going to happen. While that is a lost cause, the administration can be put on the spot with an amendment requiring that all federal employees--senate, house, staffs, plus all federal departments and agencies be required to participate in the ACA and that there be no special exemptions, subsidies, or postponements for anyone, any group, any UNION, or any entity that is subject otherwise to the laws of the US. There is no way the Democrats can oppose that without admitting that the law is bad. It's either good for everyone, or it's bad for everyone.

You don't know unless you try. There is a reason people are leaving the Republican Party in droves. It's because at the top, you really can't tell the difference.

A stark contrast is needed. Because at the end of the day if you got people to be truly honest with themselves. The vast majority of em would rather be in control of their own destiny.
    Lynx Defense

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    It occurred to me today that Cornyn is looking more and more like McCain.
    From now on I'll call him John McCornyn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Couldn't agree more with many of the posts. Cornyn has been a huge disappointment in the current fight over ACA and the budget. He will not get my vote again. Like many of you I sent him a long email last week urging him to reconsider his position. As ArmyZach said, he is looking a lot like McCain, the leading compromiser among Republicans. I don't consider either to be conservatives.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I received a canned response from Cornyn just the other day. It was so full of Bravo Sierra that it was insulting to the intelligence of just about anyone on this board. But he claimed the only way to vote against ObamaCAIR was to vote FOR cloture. That's just not true, as the cloture vote was to put the bill forward under Reid's rule, which was to allow only ONE amendment (putting ObamaCAIR back into the CR on a 51 vote threshold). So basically Cornyn voted FOR ObamaCAIR before he voted against it.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I got the same email response Friday night. Considering the delayed response, I'm guessing he had to come up with a good story in response to a whole lot of emails that don't agree with him.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I never did receive an email response from his camp. I have never been huge into politics but I have been writing down their names (local/state/fed) and a short reason as to why I am or not voting for them. For sure I will pass along these reasons to any and all that will listen.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I received a canned response from Cornyn just the other day. It was so full of Bravo Sierra that it was insulting to the intelligence of just about anyone on this board. But he claimed the only way to vote against ObamaCAIR was to vote FOR cloture. That's just not true, as the cloture vote was to put the bill forward under Reid's rule, which was to allow only ONE amendment (putting ObamaCAIR back into the CR on a 51 vote threshold). So basically Cornyn voted FOR ObamaCAIR before he voted against it.

You slightly misread it.

He did state the only vote to stop obamcare was the vote for cloture. (The Cruz position) which I tend to agree with.

Then he proceeds to say in his canned email that he voted against the actual measure... Which only needed 4 democrat defectors.

That whole canned response was designed for the average respondent to not know what in the hell he was talking about...

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    You slightly misread it.

He did state the only vote to stop obamcare was the vote for cloture. (The Cruz position) which I tend to agree with.

Then he proceeds to say in his canned email that he voted against the actual measure... Which only needed 4 democrat defectors.

That whole canned response was designed for the average respondent to not know what in the hell he was talking about...

I think we all got the same response. I found it rather insulting, like he was explaining something to someone who wasn't smart enough to understand. I sent emails to Cornyn and Cruz (my Cruz email was one of support) and I got a response from Cruz within 48 hours. The response from Cornyn took 8 days. I wasn't looking for responses, but it's indicative as to which Senator is seriously in tune with constituents. Cornyn is just out of touch with the folks he is supposed to represent.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You slightly misread it.

I read it again. And I misread it too.

The above is wrong.

He said because of the procedural rules of congress, the "important" vote was the up or down vote. And he voted against it.

So he was directly contradicting the Cruz position. That a vote for cloture was a vote for obamacare.

Basically the point of the response was to mask his actions. And claim that he voted against it.

Something that Cruz predicted these Benedict Arnolds would do.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Personally I'm a fan of a canned response. I think we all need to give old John one in 2014.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I heard Cornyn on the radio today praising Cruz's 21 hr marathon and talking about how it rallied the nation.

I wonder if he can back up any faster.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    You slightly misread it.

Didn't misread it at all. The vote "For" cloture was for a vote according to rules Reid put in place. Reid's rules for this CR was for ONE amendment and no debate. Only his amendment would be considered. The Reid amendment was to put ObamaCAIR back into the CR. So a vote "For" cloture means that you're saying ObamaCAIR gets added back in with only 51 votes, rather than the 60 required for cloture. Cruz, Lee, Paul, and others encouraged a vote AGAINST cloture unless the "Reid Rule" was dropped. A vote for cloture guaranteed ObamaCAIR would be reinserted into the bill.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cornyn has a radio ad today running for his senate seat the ad states" he is as conservative as us," . Concerned Senator.?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Cornyn has a radio ad today running for his senate seat the ad states" he is as conservative as us," . Concerned Senator.?
    bleh... I just heard that ad, too. It was talking about how he's "voted against obamacare." Uh, sure he has, but thanks to threads like these we all understand the minutia. He's full of crap.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

I haven't heard that yet, but from the sounds of it I'd say he's moved past concerned and stepped right into panic.

Perhaps we should all mail him an empty cardboard box with a note
    "For your upcoming move"

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Been on Fox News here several times today. Every time he posts something on facebook, I comment "Still not forgiving you for the cloture vote. See you on election day."

Top Bottom