• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    So Monday im planning on telling my boss I would like a transfer. Hopefly he can make a call or two and get the ball rolling. I'll be heading to Corpus in the morning and coming back Sunday. I'm not going to bother looking at homes until I know more of what's going on with the job.
    Best of luck bub. Moving sucks in a bad, bad way. I haven't had to move more than a few blocks in 20+ years. You into Dietz on the 14th at opening bell? (10:00) Gold Cup is speaking your name.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Thanks Robert. I am not a fan of moving. Luckily when we moved here about 3 years ago we got rid of a lot and most of out storage is in the garage already boxed up. Count me in for dietz. I just cleaned up my 22/45s from the other day. Can't keep them clean for too long.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    So Monday im planning on telling my boss I would like a transfer. Hopefly he can make a call or two and get the ball rolling. I'll be heading to Corpus in the morning and coming back Sunday. I'm not going to bother looking at homes until I know more of what's going on with the job.

Hopefully everything goes your way with the transfer. The weather should be nice this weekend...

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'll be transfering. The company I work for is major red tape so it'll take a little while. They are creating a position for me in corpus so it's gotta go through a few people. I should know my start date in the next week or so. I appreciate all the folks on here who have prayed and wished me luck. As soon as I get settled in one of the first things I plan on doing is having a beer with Daryl, and whoever else would like to join.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I'll be transfering. The company I work for is major red tape so it'll take a little while. They are creating a position for me in corpus so it's gotta go through a few people. I should know my start date in the next week or so. I appreciate all the folks on here who have prayed and wished me luck. As soon as I get settled in one of the first things I plan on doing is having a beer with Daryl, and whoever else would like to join.

I drink beer....:-)
    I sure others will love to join in...

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos

That is awesome dude!!! I'll be sad to not see you more often. I think it says a lot for you that Goodman is making a position for you. Either you or Daryl better put me up for a range day down there. I'll bring beer for afterwards.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Thanks Robert. Guaranteed you're welcome to my place anytime. I will be finding a range asap so we can have a range day. I am aware of vtach place but I need more distance for my rifles. I do plan on shooting some handguns there.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    right now I do inside sales for HVAC equipment, mostly 3 phase commercial, and multi family, like apartment complexes.
    How old are you? The reason I ask is, If young enough you could change to a different field without income drastically changing. From the income you stated earlier in the thread, you should see about becoming an HVAC Technician or even try refrigeration. I've been at it for 28 yrs and now have moved on to an even better job. Even starting out from lowest on the totem pole, you get all the O.T. you can handle. And if you have 1/2 a brain like me, you can earned 100K plus after 5 yrs or so of being in the trade. PM me if you are interested as I have a few contacts down that way I could set you up with. Good luck with whatever you choose...

Last edited:

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas

Awesome! Good to see it worked out for you.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    How old are you? The reason I ask is, If young enough you could change to a different field without income drastically changing. From the income you stated earlier in the thread, you should see about becoming an HVAC Technician or even try refrigeration. I've been at it for 28 yrs and now have moved on to an even better job. Even starting out from lowest on the totem pole, you get all the O.T. you can handle. And if you have 1/2 a brain like me, you can earned 100K plus after 5 yrs or so of being in the trade. PM me if you are interested as I have a few contacts down that way I could set you up with. Good luck with whatever you choose...
    Skeeter I'm 35. I got 30 years of work left in me. I am definitely up for improving my situation. Right now getting established down there is priority. I'm interested though. I'll be pming you pretty soon.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Skeeter I'm 35. I got 30 years of work left in me. I am definitely up for improving my situation. Right now getting established down there is priority. I'm interested though. I'll be pming you pretty soon.

DAMN - I'm turning 53 in a week and you school me on firearms. I'm hoping I've only got 17 more years left, but the way the kids are draining funds, I seriously doubt it.

Top Bottom