• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Well I may have her talked into a 1911 or at least useing my .38 super for her cc class but I have to put some thin grips on it for her. She has really small hands so the thin is so she can hold the gun correctly and reach the trigger propperly.

My wife has a Springfield, Micro Compact, 1911, 45 caliber pistol that she shoots quite well with small hands, but, she'll shoot just about any gun you put in her hands............, at least once.
    Venture Surplus ad

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    May have to go to the metroplex for that one not many people carry HK's around here.

If you start to give that on some serious consideration, I'll be happy to let you/her shoot mine if you make a trip down here sometime.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    EMP

The obvious answer is the Springfield EMP in 9mm

The grip frame is re-sized to the 9mm cartridge, so it's smaller front-to-back and also thinner. To my man-hands it's almost too thin, and I like think grips also. Kinda pricey, but it may be the best solution.

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    I am also in that boat of looking for a Thin griped 9mm. I am thinking of a Sig P-6 same as a 225 If I can find one Local @ a good price. I have had the Kel Tec and Hated it. Just a Cheap POS.......

Dave

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    My vote goes to the P99 or SW99. I own one in 9mm(The smith version). It is the best point and shoot pistol I own. It comes with 3 different backstrap inserts that allow you to tailor the factory grips to your hand size. I used to own a S&W sigma in a 40. 40's are bulkier, punchier and typically heavier. The 9mm version is worth waiting for even if you have to order it somewhere. Also the trigger draws smoothly in spite of the double action feature that "stages" the trigger after the first round for a shorter, lighter pull. I will admit that all 9mms styled like the browning Hi-power are awesome. I own a CZ-75 that is one of the most accurate aimed-shot pistols I own. I have heard nothing but great things about the Italian Tanfoglio pistols(HP copy) but these guns(& all hp copies) are much heavier solid frame guns(all metal) with heavier trigger pulls and slightly larger grips. The P99 is the best balance of size, capacity, knock down power and accuracy you will find anywhere.

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I've just switched my primary handgun from a Glock over to the XDM.40, mostly because of the smaller grip on the XDM. I have smaller hands, and found I have better control with the adjustable grip on the XDM. SA makes the XDM in both 9mm and .40, so if she's biased towards 9mm that might be an option.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Try a Ruger SR9, 9mm. I just picked one up for $470. Great pistol, 17 round capacity magazine and slim design grip. Its slimmer than my Glock 23 .40S&W. Very little recoil.

The only drawback is the price of extra magazines are outrageous, your looking at anywhere from $35-45.

RugerSR99mm.gif

Ruler was a bit far to the left, actually its exactly 1" wide at the grips.
    RugerSR9GripMeasure.gif

RugerSR9Grip.gif

The pistol is overall a bit top heavy as the lower is composite just like the Glock.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I've just switched my primary handgun from a Glock over to the XDM.40, mostly because of the smaller grip on the XDM. I have smaller hands, and found I have better control with the adjustable grip on the XDM. SA makes the XDM in both 9mm and .40, so if she's biased towards 9mm that might be an option.

where did you locate the XD? I am looking for the XDM 9MM and everyone is out of stock

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    The nice thing about the SR9 is it actually has a manually operated safety (more of a decocker than a safety really) rather than just the internal safeties and trigger safety like the Glock.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom