Guns International

The Government is "Shut Down" and My Life Is...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I am not the guy posting policy on Twitter.
    I see you didn't disagree with sending them to re-education camps. How North Vietnamese of you.

And I live in Central Texas, so I have a lot of rocks...

zincwarrior,

Since you "made a point of it", I said nothing because I thought that your "reeducation camps" comment was SILLY & CLUELESS. - Thus, it was not worth anyone's time to read/answer.
    (NOW you have a reason to "run to tattle to management".)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    billyb4u64,

I suggest NOT providing cots/soup/sandwiches. Let them sleep in their seats or on the floor. - Just lock the doors, let them "call out" & pay for their own food BUT (1st) STOP paying the drones.

OR we could do what an old Commanding General of our agency in USAREUR did when a group of hate-FILLED/argumentative staffers did not "come to a decision" on a required action. = The "flag" ordered them to stay in a conference room (that had no chairs/tables), until they made a decision.
    (The arguments STOPPED & a decision was made in about 40 minutes.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    BUILD THE WALL. Everything else is just BS. If you think the wall needs to be built as i do, and you know that it has been approved and funded and unfunded and reapproved BY BOTH sides and is nothing more than a political football, since 2005 at least, then you realize that the "method" argument against Trump is just stupid (because a process argument after so much debate AND ACTION the dis-action is meaningless) then you MUST support Trumps actions as the necessary and probably only way it gets done. After at least a decade of being jerked around, it takes someone with the gonads to step up and make it happen ANY WAY IT TAKES. IT IS A CRISIS. If you do not believe that TALK TO RANCHERS AND LANDOWNERS WHO HAVE TO ARM THEMSELVES DAILY JUST TO CHECK THEIR FENCES AND LIVESTOCK. I HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. Stop pontificating about stuff you really do not have a clue about.

As to the "revolution" subtext that has raised its head, some of you sound very much like the Jews in Germany back in the thirties who could not believe that Hitler would continue the violence against them just because of who and what they were. IF YOU TRULY UNDERSTAND 2A YOU UNDERSTAND THAT REVOLUTION IS ALWAYS A POSSIBILITY AND SOMETIMES A NECESSITY.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So, I was watching the news today. I didn't realize that border patrol agents were among the individuals not being paid Friday...

Here’s a list:

More Than 420,000 Will Be Working Without Pay Including:

More than 41,000 Federal Law Enforcement and Correctional Officers, Including:
    2,614 ATF agents;
    16,742 Bureau of Prisons correctional officers;
    13,709 FBI agents;
    3,600 deputy U.S. Marshals; and
    4,399 DEA agents.

Up To 88 Percent Of Department of Homeland Security Employees, Including:
    53,000 TSA Employees;
    54,000 Customs and Border Protection agents and customs offers;
    42,000 Coast Guard employees

As many as 5,000 Forest Service Firefighters
    3,600 Weather Service Forecasters

Furloughs and closures continued here:

https://www.appropriations.senate.gov/news/minority/projected-impacts-of-a-trump-shutdown

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    sharkey,

IF I was "in charge" (I'm NOT & will NOT be in this life.), I'd figure out a way to pay the WG & GS12 & lower "general schedule" employees & let the "Big Shots howl to the DIMocRATS to build the wall NOW.
    (I've been a "worker bee" & the "Big Shots" don't care about us/our families BUT they surely care about themselves & their families.)

Also President Trump, should the DIMs continue to NOT fund the wall on the border for another 30 days, simply say to Schumer/Pelosi & the other "DIM's leaders" that, "Only UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER is NOW acceptable. - You had your chance to make a reasonable deal."
    AND
    "Once the 2020 campaign season gets going, I will remind my rally attendees VERY TIME of how utterly SELF-interested, BIGOTED & DISHONEST that you 'leaders' were."

yours, satx

Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well.
    Been mostly in meetings all day.

I figured the little Op-Ed from FoxNews expressing admiration for congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez would be irksome and exasperating to some. Like her or not, she may be a rising star being quick witted, attractive and articulate. The media likes that. Even Fox.

I found it amusing coming from FoxNews as it did, but then I'm easily entertained. Were it from CNN I'd have never considered posting the link.

She may be a candle in the wind or she may become influential and persuasive.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    BTW it's going pretty low to misquote me though I'm flattered by the attention.

My actual post was pruned so as to take on new meaning and cast aspersion on my opinion and character.

I guess I should be honored that the trouble was taken to amplify and enlarge and re-post my misquoted declaration.

The "I abhor Trump" quote attributed to me is just grotesquely out of context.

My actual precise words from post #299 of this vertigo-genic thread were thus:
    As a bedrock principal I'm for a sound and secure wall. Don't doubt that. I, however, abhor Trump's methods. We are seeing his mafioso strong-arm modus operandi fail. He's faltering at his own "Art of the Deal".

Some scoundrel truncated what I actually expressed as an honest opinion.

We are seeing my statement come true as some GOP congressmen are acquiring more adequate and enabling cojones, eh?

As always I get more that I pay for here.
    :)

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well.
    Been mostly in meetings all day.

I figured the little Op-Ed from FoxNews expressing admiration for congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez would be irksome and exasperating to some. Like her or not, she may be a rising star being quick witted, attractive and articulate. The media likes that. Even Fox.

I found it amusing coming from FoxNews as it did, but then I'm easily entertained. Were it from CNN I'd have never considered posting the link.

She may be a candle in the wind or she may become influential and persuasive.

And she may blow out candles with her flatulence....

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

According to the President of the Border Patrol Union, virtually all of the BP agents are STANDING STRONG with our President of the USA to get the wall built & SOON. = Inasmuch as the agents are working W/O pay, that alone should tell you that the DIMocRAT's position is a LOSER & that, long-term, that the DIM's will cave OR doom their chances to even keep the seats that they have now in 2020, much less win the WH or more Congressional seats.

yours, satx

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The border patrol agents I interact with, fairly frequently, are most certainly among the most honorable and under-appreciated law enforcement personnel I have the honor of knowing in addition to being noble and devoted.

Sad irony indeed that they will likely not be paid in 36 hours!!!

And, yes, the 3 I've asked in the last 45-60 days are for the wall.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I just emailed Cruz, Cornyn and my representative all telling them to hold fast and continue the shutdown until the wall is funded. Also mentioned to disregard whatever BS Lindsay Graham is trying to pull. Whatever he is doing has the backing of Collins and Murkowski so it can’t be good.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Big Green,

I suggest that you email & write to President Trump, too. = I've done that 3X this week & got answers all 3X.

yours, satx

Top Bottom