• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    For a Jason Statham action movie, it's one of his better films. Not a lot of woke crap, and its Millennial-type villain was a joy to see taken down. Great casting all around.....but Minnie Driver's performance was pretty much phoned in.

It's a good matinee flick. Worth an afternoon...

JGA177

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Austin
    Haven't heard of this one, guess I'll have to find the cheap theatre.
    just watched John Wick 3 a night ago, semi-predictable, though the humorous reload scene near the end was funny.
    "Armor improvements?"
    "12-gauge steel slugs, armor piercing"

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it accurate? I watched a scene from The Equalizer 3 the other day. Guy was doing over-watch from a tower. He had a long-range rifle that had a thermal scope on it... I thought "what the hell." It was kinda a low light setting... so I could see it. But then the deal breaker for me was every time he looked through the scope, it had a normal scope reticle. Pissed me off and I turned it off...

I have to be in the right mindset for mediocrity.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Haven't heard of this one, guess I'll have to find the cheap theatre.
    just watched John Wick 3 a night ago, semi-predictable, though the humorous reload scene near the end was funny.
    "Armor improvements?"
    "12-gauge steel slugs, armor piercing"

<>

Gee, let’s have a contest: How many ”technical errors” were there in that one brief ‘clip’ ?

<>

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …I have to be in the right mindset for mediocrity.
    I expect mediocrity in all ‘entertainment’. Technical accuracy is generally difficult and costly to achieve. I was pleasantly unsurprised to learn Keanu Reeves trained with Butler and shot some 3 gun in the runup to the original John Wick, but the choreography and complexity of the shoot outs cancelled out the technical accuracy aspects.

When it comes to optics, we were issued straight BNVDs and were testing fused PVS-31s and SWIR when I retired. Great stuff, but even then using an optic vs illuminator was a shit show. We stayed away from imaging-type optics in favor of the ACOG + MRDO because of the one-trick ponyness for a weapon that was used in all conditions. Imaging type optics do have valid use cases though.

All that and $2 will get you a cheap cup of coffee but it won’t bring technical accuracy to most entertainment.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Is it accurate? I watched a scene from The Equalizer 3 the other day. Guy was doing over-watch from a tower. He had a long-range rifle that had a thermal scope on it... I thought "what the hell." It was kinda a low light setting... so I could see it. But then the deal breaker for me was every time he looked through the scope, it had a normal scope reticle. Pissed me off and I turned it off...

I have to be in the right mindset for mediocrity.
    It's an Oncor thing.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I expect mediocrity in all ‘entertainment’. Technical accuracy is generally difficult and costly to achieve. I was pleasantly unsurprised to learn Keanu Reeves trained with Butler and shot some 3 gun in the runup to the original John Wick, but the choreography and complexity of the shoot outs cancelled out the technical accuracy aspects.

When it comes to optics, we were issued straight BNVDs and were testing fused PVS-31s and SWIR when I retired. Great stuff, but even then using an optic vs illuminator was a shit show. We stayed away from imaging-type optics in favor of the ACOG + MRDO because of the one-trick ponyness for a weapon that was used in all conditions. Imaging type optics do have valid use cases though.

All that and $2 will get you a cheap cup of coffee but it won’t bring technical accuracy to most entertainment.
    It's my own fault. I naturally look for discrepancies in movies and I'm even more critical when it pertains to my hobbies.

JGA177

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Austin
    <>

Gee, let’s have a contest: How many ”technical errors” were there in that one brief ‘clip’ ?

<>
    as @toddnjoyce pointed out, "entertainment" vs "technical accuracy"

I don't goto the movies to be trained in how to properly handle, load, and shoot any weapons. counting the number of times they shoot a .45 loaded with a regular clip before reloading (26 bullets), I don't jump up and scream "Bullshit!" . I simply assume that:
    1) they screwed up, or
    2) they reloaded off-screen

or in the case of JW3, during the Casablanca shootout when he pulls a gun from the bad guy and a clip from his own belt (or vice versa) (right, what are the odds....?), I ignore it and continue to enjoy the movie.

Last edited:

JGA177

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Austin
    whatever. do you say 'clip' when everyone knows what the hell you mean, or do you pull proper terminology out of your ass? "a magazine full of .45 ACP rounds with green tips that are designed to penetrate the opponent so as to incapacitate them"

if so, from now on, when you post you need to explicitly type out your arguments when discussing the merits and pros and cons of why a certain politician should be elected or not. nothing less than 5 paragraphs, properly spaced.

Top Bottom