Lynx Defense

The ammo shortage...Is it getting better?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    For the first time in many moons I got a flyer from CTD advertising ammo and they are taking advantage of the crunch, lake city ss109 $359.79 for 300 rds.
    Cci blazer 22lr minimag hp 36 grain 100 rds $59.59

Wtf I got 100 mini-mags for like either 12 bucks or less than 10 (was a few weeks ago that I saw them last so I can't remember for sure) at academy.............

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Wtf I got 100 mini-mags for like either 12 bucks or less than 10 (was a few weeks ago that I saw them last so I can't remember for sure) at academy.............

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

That's just another example of CTD putting the screws to the gun community as usual. They deserve to die on the vine but, people continue to patronize them and allow them to charge $60/box for 50-rounds of 9mm FMJ when premium retailers like Cabelas are only charging $16/box. CTD is a turncoat cancerous growth in the gun community that truly needs to be cut off or starved to death and burned.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    I'll say "it's over" when I can walk into a local store and grab 200 - 250 rounds of 9mm off the shelf. Hasn't been the case this year.
    I get what you're saying, but -- just FYI, you can do exactly that in Freedom Munitions. They have dozens of cases of 9mm. Granted it's all FMJ and reloaded, but just saying that for those who are searching for ANY, there is some available.

MR2Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I get what you're saying, but -- just FYI, you can do exactly that in Freedom Munitions. They have dozens of cases of 9mm. Granted it's all FMJ and reloaded, but just saying that for those who are searching for ANY, there is some available.

Freedom does offer non-reloaded rounds for about $1 more, per 50ct.

Old Vet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    I went to a gun show in Tyler a few weeks ago and saw a couple of tables that had CCI 22 Mini Mags (the usual 100 rd boxes) and the prices were $25 and $22, I lucked out today at Wal-Marts as they had just gotten in some CCI Mini Mags and had two boxes left which I bought. THE PRICE WAS $7.49 per box.

People such as those at the gun show need their asses kicked big time, they go around grabbing up ammo such as at Wal-Mart and then pull that crap with it at gun shows.

I sure hope no one is fool enough to buy from them but I suppose some do or they wouldn't be doing it.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I will say its getting better and better day by day. Went to Cabelas last week and they had tons of 223 and 308 ammo, and ofcourse at good prices. But no body seemed to touch them. It was like most people had already bought up at bad prices and were regretting and or they are stocked up.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Freedom does offer non-reloaded rounds for about $1 more, per 50ct.

Yes, but not always in stock. I should clarify -- in stock in there store last time I visited I saw they had cases of reloaded 9mm, but they didn't have any new product or any hollowpoints. If I'm not mistaken, they get their trucks in by now and so maybe they've got hollowpoints and new manufacture now.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I got an email about an hour ago from AIM for some S&B for 4.99 a box and it's already sold out.

It's the remaining caliber that is still selling out immediately. I don't understand why? Is it that there are that many "22 only" shooters out there, or is it people are just shooting their 22 instead of anything else? I just never put much stock into .22LR, maybe I'm missing something.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I haven't bought ammo in over a month. I only overpaid once, but it wasn't a crazy price, just a bit inflated.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've been seeing a LOT MORE .22 lately.

As in, 1 month ago I couldn't find it anywhere for what a sane person would pay, now I see it about once a week.

Top Bottom