• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Have you been to Texas, or do you base all your opinions on the Middle East?

Mexico would have more to gain by working WITH Texas, not against it.

You mean the Mexico that still teaches we a rebellious state, that would be able to grab three major oil reservoirs and has an army/navy/air force whereas we don't?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Actually, we do.

Nope. You have guard here. that doesn't mean you're going to have that post secession, the toys anyway.

But I'll just grant that it is a factor to consider, Texas might immediately find itself attacked the moment it legally or illegally attempted secession.

If I were Mexico's president, I would. ;)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We can only hope Mexicos president is a little bit smarter than you.

Otherwise there will be a lot of bloodshed and Mexico will be left in a very weak state allowing the cartels to takeover what is left of their battered nation.

We're end up being forced to take the country and defeat the cartels in the interest of Texas's national security.

On the positive side, no passport would be needed for those nice beaches down there.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    Nope. You have guard here. that doesn't mean you're going to have that post secession, the toys anyway.

But I'll just grant that it is a factor to consider, Texas might immediately find itself attacked the moment it legally or illegally attempted secession.

If I were Mexico's president, I would. ;)
    You are really REACHING for hypotheticals. Mexico has bigger fish to fry, than picking a fight with a "recently sovereign" state of the United States. The agreed upon ties would be too strong between The Republic of Texas and the United States in terms of trade that Mexico would not dare a military move.

You have to remember, the vast majority of oil refining/transportation that's done is via Houston and it's port. America would still need that and Mexico would too if they plan to keep selling the US oil.

That said, no one is going to "attack" Texas if it found itself an Independent Republic.

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Why does everyone assume succession would have to be violent? If a free people followed due process and voted on it then there wouldn't have to be a shot fired.

All this other talk is just jaw jacking, BS.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    Why does everyone assume succession would have to be violent? If a free people followed due process and voted on it then there wouldn't have to be a shot fired.

All this other talk is just jaw jacking, BS.

Certain people just view secession from an antagonistic and emotionally charged perspective. It's just witness to their defensive nature.

If the time did come, I'm sure zincwarrior would have no problem putting on a skirt and cooking for the Union troops as they march against our Republic.

Last edited:

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    The only way it wouldn't be violent is if there was a popular referendum that had the dual effect of, first, removing the provision in the Texas constitution that vows the state would never secede, something that was agreed to in order to be readmitted, and the second to actually secede.

Then there would have to be a period of negotiation dividing up assets and liabilities, such as Texas' share of the national debt, maybe 9% (roughly $1.65 trillion), and how that would be paid back. Would Texas be allowed to keep all of the military equipment sitting in Texas, again maybe 9% of the total?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The only way it wouldn't be violent is if there was a popular referendum that had the dual effect of, first, removing the provision in the Texas constitution that vows the state would never secede, something that was agreed to in order to be readmitted, and the second to actually secede.

Then there would have to be a period of negotiation dividing up assets and liabilities, such as Texas' share of the national debt, maybe 9% (roughly $1.65 trillion), and how that would be paid back. Would Texas be allowed to keep all of the military equipment sitting in Texas, again maybe 9% of the total?

Nah, 2%. We're 1 of 50 states.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah I suppose with that logic Texas would be entitled to only 2% of America's military equipment.

But we are 9% of the total population, 7% of the total land mass, and receive 5% of all federal pending. In fact, Texas only sends Washington 56% of the federal dollars it receives.

But yes, it would be a matter of negotiations. I imagine if Texas was willing to give up all claims to the oil fields in the gulf, they might just let us go for 2%. But just like when the Soviet Union broke up, the Russians had to go in and seize all nuclear weapons, as the new countries were selling them off to pay off their liabilities.

Iran, you want some nukes? Dr. Evil puts the price at one BILLION Dollars.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    The invasion of Somalia was not done for humanitarian reasons, but to retrieve rogue nukes from the former Soviet Union. It was well documented, I am sure your google works as well as mine.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    The invasion of Somalia was not done for humanitarian reasons, but to retrieve rogue nukes from the former Soviet Union. It was well documented, I am sure your google works as well as mine.

I'm not able to find any credible sources to document this. Links?

Top Bottom