• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX
    This new law has to do with arresting illegal aliens. It has virtually nothing to do with driving without a license. Note too that you don't need to be carrying your license when you drive - telling the officer your name and address will enable that information to be checked on the officer's computer, complete with your photo and warrants. The law is to arrest illegals who can't show proper ID since they are here illegally.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    This new law has to do with arresting illegal aliens. It has virtually nothing to do with driving without a license. Note too that you don't need to be carrying your license when you drive - telling the officer your name and address will enable that information to be checked on the officer's computer, complete with your photo and warrants. The law is to arrest illegals who can't show proper ID since they are here illegally.
    Failing to present DL when requested (demanded) is still a violation.

Now, absent being a jerk or there being a long list of other violations, you'll probably get a warning, but it is a violation and I like doing what I can to not give anyone a chance to write me a ticket.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Failing to present DL when requested (demanded) is still a violation.

Now, absent being a jerk or there being a long list of other violations, you'll probably get a warning, but it is a violation and I like doing what I can to give anyone a chance to write me a ticket.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    IF you are driving.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It's not hard.

Every little bit of resistance helps.

The easier you make it for Globalists to install Communism, the faster it happens.

<>

What is the point of making anything more difficult for our local & state. LEO’s, who are just doing routine police work which we all know is needed ?

If you want to protect our rights, get politically active, donate only to individual candidates, not political parties, and raise/educate your children properly in History, Civics, and shared patriotic duty.

In Medicine we are taught to seek the CAUSE of a problem, and then to treat the cause, not the symtoms, whenever possible.

Our Police don’t make the laws, few even decide local ‘’policies’’. In modern USA, most of them, especially away from urban city centers, are ON OUR SIDE !

Long, long ago when I was young & slim, we had many ignorant and abusive street-level police. Houston P D was horrible. Thankfully, that has been mostly eliminated, since everyone realizes that cooperation b/t .citizens & LEO’s helps us all, and increases their ability to control real dangerous criminals.

I have learned quite a bit from our local ATF guys, who are subject to policies instituted by the political appointees AT THE TOP, in D.C. Many of them are actually on our side and disagree with things they are ordered to do. They actually seek ways to legally avoid some problems.

Also, even though today’s Cops are better-educated, few are Constitutional Attorneys. I say ‘’few’’, b/c a few of my neighboring Sheriffs actually are Graduate Attorneys.

If you wish to practice ‘’passive resistance’’; do so politically ! But, ‘’Support your LOCAL Police!’’

leVieux

Last edited:

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    <>

What is the point of making anything more difficult for our local & state. LEO’s, who are just doing routine police work which we all know is needed ?

If you want to protect our rights, get politically active, donate only to individual candidates, not political parties, and raise/educate your children properly in History, Civics, and shared patriotic duty.

In Medicine we are taught to seek the CAUSE of a problem, and then to treat the cause, not the symtoms, whenever possible.

Our Police don’t make the laws, few even decide local ‘’policies’’. In modern USA, most of them, especially away from urban city centers, are ON OUR SIDE !

Long, long ago when I was young & slim, we had many ignorant and abusive street-level police. Houston P D was horrible. Thankfully, that has ben mostly eliminated, since everyone realizes that cooperation b/t .citizens & LEO’s helps us all, and increases their ability to control real dangerous criminals.

I have learned quite a bit from our local ATF guys, who are subject to policies instituted by the political appointees AT THE TOP, in D.C. Many of them are actually on our side and disagree with things they are ordered to do. They actually seek ways to legally avoid some problems.

Also, even though today’s Cops are better-educated, few are Constitutional Attorneys. I say ‘’few’’, b/c a few of my neighboring Sheriffs actually are Graduate Attorneys.

If you wish to practice ‘’passive resistance’’; do so politically ! But, ‘’Support your LOCAL Police!’’

leVieux
    You are correct many officers do recognize individual liberties and most of the time disagree with laws or policies passed as this was especially true in California with their insane laws aimed at gun owners.

Top Bottom