• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    No. Why should I? If I'm not driving, I don't need my Driver's License. If I'm going for a walk or a bike ride, I just carry my gun and maybe cash or a credit card if I plan on stopping somewhere.
    Its not required by law, but its not the worst thing to have an ID with you in case you are injured and need next of kin to make decisions for you...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I've had smooth and not so smooth encounters with LE over the years and I prefer to make them as pleasant as possible for the officer as well as myself. If asked for an ID it is easier to provide it, than be fingerprinted in a holding cell to obtain identification.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    I've had smooth and not so smooth encounters with LE over the years and I prefer to make them as pleasant as possible for the officer as well as myself. If asked for an ID it is easier to provide it, than be fingerprinted in a holding cell to obtain identification.
    If pulled over for a traffic violation and you are the driver I agree. If walking on a sidewalk minding my own business I don't agree. If I observed an accident and the officer asked for my id for his assistance in the investigation I agree. You have to use common sense but no, you can't search my car as part of a routine traffic stop, you can't come into my house without a warrant, you know all of the rest.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If pulled over for a traffic violation and you are the driver I agree. If walking on a sidewalk minding my own business I don't agree. If I observed an accident and the officer asked for my id for his assistance in the investigation I agree. You have to use common sense but no, you can't search my car as part of a routine traffic stop, you can't come into my house without a warrant, you know all of the rest.

I dont think anyone would disagree with that.

Know your authorities, know your rights and remember people are human. Being a dick and baiting someone into a ego battle will end poorly no matter if you are a cop, firefighter or civilian, ask politely, decline politely.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Maybe I'm just another mod making a bad judgement. That's certainly possible.

But I try very hard to be helpful to our members.

So when you say you want to go back to the real world, I'll give you the same reply I give to everyone who expresses that sentiment as a part of a general "F this place!" tirade.

To wit -

I can help you with that.
    I was waiting for this

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

I heard some lawyer say one can't talk themselves out of going to jail but can talk themselves into one. :facepalm: :roflsmile:

LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW
    All this talk about providing ID and now I hear that illegal aliens, who are being flown from the Southern Border to the interior, have a special TSA line where they don't have to show any identification whatsoever. And they board a plane and off they go.

We try that and we're in jail.

Geez this administration has screwed us so bad, we may never recover.

Sorry for the hijack; back to your original programming.

Top Bottom