• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ok... he didn't actually say vote Libertarian, but he did say to "vote your conscience; vote for candidates up and down the ticket..." I doubt many Cruz supporters will be voting Green party :laughing:

I'm really surprised there isn't a thread about this yet. I'm always a few days behind on current events. His full speech is below if you haven't seen it.

My take on it? If you can't be POTUS yourself, then you want the opposing party to win. Republican's who are already in positions of power (...and senator is a very powerful position) will have their positions strengthened if Hillary is president. The Republicans are going to lose some seats in the legislature this time around, but the party as a whole will be better off with a Democrat as POTUS. I think Cruz's speech was really the start of his 2020 or 2024 campaign. Trump branded him Lying Ted, but I think Manipulative Ted is more accurate.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I was surprised yesterday when I didn't see anything on this either, but didn't have time to make one.
    My question - if Cruz said vote for the candidate that would uphold the Constitution, and to vote your conscience... Why don't people think that means vote Donald Trump? :)

And I think the boos were coordinated. If people had clapped, that would have made the speech sound like an endorsement for Trump.
    I think Newt said something about Cruz saying vote your conscience, and that there's only one conscience choice you can make to keep Hillary out of the white house, which I thought was a good message.
    The rest of Trump's camp could have said something similar, and actually used Cruz's message to help unify the party, but instead Trump went on to say "Ted Cruz booed off the stage, didn't honor the pledge! I saw his speech two hours early but let him speak anyway. No big deal"
    And his son "The best unity I saw was everyone booing Cruz offstage."

Yeah, that really helps bring everyone together. Instead of putting out good, positive vibes and unity, Team Trump just slams someone who is not even in the running, who didn't say anything negative about their candidate. Cruz also stated yesterday that people should not write in his name and that he is not a candidate in this race.

Also, the actual statement made during the debates was " Senator Cruz, yes or no, you will support Donald Trump is he's the nominee?"

I think you can support someone without officially endorsing them - he did speak at the RNC, where he did garner attention, denounce democrats, and did not say anything negative about Trump.
    I believe someone in Trump's camp also asked if he would help Trump with his SC appointees, and Ted said he would give input, if asked, to ensure people who uphold the Constitution are put into SCOTUS. That sounds like support to me.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...s_it_is_now_purely_a_cult_of_personality.html

Pathetic that Trump is just that bad!! I will not vote for him.

I CANNOT vote for Hillary so what to do???

This morning a couple of my Republican friends said the may vote Democrat after last night's doom and gloom apocalyptic rant!!!!

Ye gads.
    Trump destroyed SO many contenders who might have been far more likely to beat hillary!!!

Last edited:

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I believe someone in Trump's camp also asked if he would help Trump with his SC appointees, and Ted said he would give input, if asked, to ensure people who uphold the Constitution are put into SCOTUS. That sounds like support to me.
    Everything that happens on a stage is theater. I'm pretty sure Cruz and Trump have a mutual respect for each other and would work very well together.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Trump destroyed SO many contenders who might have been far more likely to beat hillary!!!
    I don't think that's true at all. The majority of the other candidates are weenies; just like McCain and Romney. Cruz and Trump are the only ones that had any chance at actually beating Hillary, but it's still more likely that Hillary will win. Prepare yourself...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TheDan,

Hillary is DISTRUSTED by more than HALF of the national Democrats & DESPISED by Bernie Sanders' supporters. - A large percentage of both groups may STAY HOME on election day, "write-in" Sanders or vote for Jill Green.

While Hillary has a ZERO chance of winning Texas, I would suggest that every gun-owner do whatever you are able to do to help defeat her in the "battleground states" like FL, MI, NM, NV, PA, WV & WI.

Friends, this is our LAST CHANCE to get our Republic back from the clutches of the hate-filled leftists.

just my OPINIONS, satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    [h=2]Trump: I don't want Ted Cruz's endorsement[/h][FONT]Donald Trump said he didn't want Sen. Ted Cruz's endorsement and instead the conservative Texan should just "stay home and relax," in comments to supporters in Cleveland on Friday.[/FONT]
    [FONT]"He might come and endorse, but I don't want his endorsement," Trump said. "Ted - stay home and relax."[/FONT]
    [FONT]Trump later added: "He has good intellect, but he doesn't know how to use it."[/FONT]
    [FONT]Trump defended his retweeting of a controversial side-by-side image of Melania Trump and Cruz's wife, Heidi, and also defended his linking Cruz's father to John F. Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald based on a National Enquirer Story.[/FONT]

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Trump can easily beat Hillary. I just don't understand why anyone who normally votes repub or conservative would vote against or refuse to vote for him. I mean, even if he gets the govt halfway back to a conservative principled level, isn't that a win? Hell, it's not going to matter who's in charge. We could have the perfect leader, and yet we're going to have tough times. We're in a big hole that's going to take a while to get out of.

I'm going to have to +1 comments by TheDan and locke too

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    http://theweek.com/articles/636942/donald-trump-lose-but-darkly-dystopian-vision-america-might-win

"Darkly dystopian"

I get flamed on this board for saying it......but out country is just not as bad at trump would lead us to believe!!!
    We are not weak. We are free. We are not headed in "wrong directions".

Ain't no politician that's gonna' decrease the national debt, so don't even go there.

Both parties hate the opposing candidate.
    Neither party finds their own candidate inspiring by any consensus!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    "Darkly dystopian"

I get flamed on this board for saying it......but out country is just not as bad at trump would lead us to believe!!!
    We are not weak. We are free. We are not headed in "wrong directions".

Ain't no politician that's gonna' decrease the national debt, so don't even go there.

Both parties hate the opposing candidate.
    Neither party finds their own candidate inspiring by any consensus!

Did you actually listen to Trumps speech?

After 8 years of Obama bringing this country down it's definitely headed in the wrong direction. Obama's rhetoric has built up more racism in America and recently turned many people against law enforcement. Obama created ISIS and now it affects us here. What direction do you think that is going?

Trump is not a politician, he's a businessman. Possibly that's the only way to bring down our national debt, he has made a few bucks.

Trump ruffles many feathers, but in a way I find that refreshing. I am so fed up with the "We need to be more PC" attitude.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Cruz should have filled out a hurt feelings report prior to the speech. I am not sure who in his staff thought it was a good idea to go on stage and not endorse, but they should be fired. What positive outcome was he hoping for by getting in front of everyone and saying FU.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I was surprised yesterday when I didn't see anything on this either, but didn't have time to make one.
    My question - if Cruz said vote for the candidate that would uphold the Constitution, and to vote your conscience... Why don't people think that means vote Donald Trump? :)

Indeed.

I am not a Cruz supporter, but he didn't say anything in the speech negative about Captain Redhair. He extolled the Republican Party and said vote your conscience, up and down the line. Its the same that Reagan did. Frankly, I expected better. His wife and father were insulted. Why he didn't personally kick Redhair's ass back to Yankeeland like a true Texan, I don't know.

Now instead of uniting the party Trump is attacking Cruz today. Its almost like:
    1. He's really a Democrat. or
    2. He's a clinical level narcissist.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Indeed.

I am not a Cruz supporter, but he didn't say anything in the speech negative about Captain Redhair. He extolled the Republican Party and said vote your conscience, up and down the line. Its the same that Reagan did. Frankly, I expected better. His wife and father were insulted. Why he didn't personally kick Redhair's ass back to Yankeeland like a true Texan, I don't know.

Now instead of uniting the party Trump is attacking Cruz today. Its almost like:
    1. He's really a Democrat. or
    2. He's a clinical level narcissist.

I was a Cruz supporter myself, but he shot himself in the foot. If he is expecting to run in 2020 as a republican you don't piss on the people that you are going to eventually ask for support. As far as his hurt feelings go, you don't go slinging mud at a champion mud slinger "Trump" and cry about mud on your face. Cruz started it and got smacked down, get over it.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I voted Bob Barr in 2008 because I couldn't imagine McCain as president.

Tired of being forced to drink Coke or Pepsi when I favor Dr. Pepper.

The only way to get the stores to stock it is to ask for it and not settle for Coke or Pepsi.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/ also has a canidate for those looking.

I still choose to vote for coke because I like it more than Pepsi. Sure I like Dr. Pepper best of all but if if everyone is buying only one soft drink for the next four years I can't see picking my favorite if that choice won't win and the worse choice is selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I still choose to vote for coke because I like it more than Pepsi. Sure I like Dr. Pepper best of all but if if everyone is buying only one soft drink for the next four years I can't see picking my favorite if that choice won't win and the worse choice is selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's that worked out?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You can certainly vote for whomever you like, that is your right, but seriously it really is only one of two candidates that will be in the white house. As scary as some may think Trump may be, to me it's far more frightening to think of another and possibly more dangerous Clinton administration.

Top Bottom