• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX
    Are either of the two candidates running against him worth voting for? Not that there's much chance of either of them winning.
    At least you didn't call J6 protestors and Trump supporters all "terrorists" again, Ted. Thanks for that, but I'm NOT going to forget when you DID call us all terrorists. I vote in your district.
    Lynx Defense

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Cornyn has vote with Biden 48.5% of the time.

Allred has voted 100% of the time with Biden.

Cruz only 13.8%

Why, that's exactly the same as 100.0% of the time according to some...

....especially when the "conservative" bills he voted for never had a chance of passing to begin with (HPA, national CCW, etc.). He cloaks his Dem leanings well.....better than Phelan.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I wouldn't....Allred all the way. A freshman Dem will do a lot less damage than a senior RINO with evil in his mind. Same reasoning I would have preferred Hegar to Cornyn.
    The damage of giving the dems majorities is felt in appointments, impeachments and small margin bills. I dont think its worth it to allow a dem to replace a RINO.

Look at the cost of losing liar boy Santos... cuttingoff our nose to spite our face, he was a dirtbag (at least in some areas of life) but he was an R and losing him cost several conservative bills to fail.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    The damage of giving the dems majorities is felt in appointments, impeachments and small margin bills. I dont think its worth it to allow a dem to replace a RINO.

Look at the cost of losing liar boy Santos... cuttingoff our nose to spite our face, he was a dirtbag (at least in some areas of life) but he was an R and losing him cost several conservative bills to fail.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Assuming Santos would have voted for them.....

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    The biggest thing that irks me about voting for Cruz again is his correct stance on term limits. For years he has championed the idea that term limits should be instituted, specifically two terms for Senators. Well, now he’s running for a third. While I agree he has been an overall net positive, if you so strongly believe in a two term limit for Senators, why are you running? Seems like his conviction isn’t that strong. Again, I’ll vote for him, but he surely doesn’t truly believe what he preaches.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Extremely valid point. However, we know 100% the demoncraps would not have voted for them. It's the Ying and Yang of our pseudo one party system, and the Marxists are unified, while the RINOs continue to tear us apart And sometimes often join the Marxists.

Added a little to the end for you.

FIFY....

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The biggest thing that irks me about voting for Cruz again is his correct stance on term limits. For years he has championed the idea that term limits should be instituted, specifically two terms for Senators. Well, now he’s running for a third. While I agree he has been an overall net positive, if you so strongly believe in a two term limit for Senators, why are you running? Seems like his conviction isn’t that strong. Again, I’ll vote for him, but he surely doesn’t truly believe what he preaches.
    You can find something you don't like about every single person in office. There are no perfect politicians because there are no perfect people.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I see your point but I don’t think it would make any sense for Cruz to voluntarily remove himself without getting term limits in place, and while continuing his excellent contributions to the conservative cause.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I see your point but I don’t think it would make any sense for Cruz to voluntarily remove himself without getting term limits in place, and while continuing his excellent contributions to the conservative cause.
    Agree, but it may start to catch up to him. We had, in WA state, a rep who ran promising he would only serve 3 terms. Won (defeating Tom Foley) then broke his own pledge. Didn't serve him well.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I don't understand all the hatred for Cruz, but then again I don't understand how Cornyn keeps getting elected. As for "almost losing to" Robert Francis O'Rourke, the vote wasn't close - it was the media trying to make people believe it was. Plus the commiecrats poured literally tons of cash into that campaign. I still see cars with that bumper sticker.
    If you care about your 2A and 1A rights you should be working to get Cornyn replaced. He only supports 2A with words, not his deeds. Just look at the bills that Cornyn sponsored like background checks for private sales. Cruz has always been 100% in support of the Constitution, even when it was not a popular issue.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    He believes it, but I think he's making a personal exception due to the dangerous state of the Union.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

We should all recall that, after the last U S Senate elections, Joe Manchin, the ONLY remaining conservative Democrat U S Senator, publicly offered to “Caucus with GOP, IF someone other than McConnell were elected “Leader”.

This would have given the GOP a Senate MAJORITY.

They re-elected Mitch as “Leader”, anyway, and thus sealed their own MINORITY status, but in a closed, unpublicized vote !

That one act said a whole lot to me; RINOS were still in charge.

The only way to fix this is to quit voting for candidates like Cornyn.

leVieux

<>

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    If you care about your 2A and 1A rights you should be working to get Cornyn replaced. He only supports 2A with words, not his deeds. Just look at the bills that Cornyn sponsored like background checks for private sales. Cruz has always been 100% in support of the Constitution, even when it was not a popular issue.

I'm trying to think of any time I've seen anyone around here say anything in support of Cornyn...

The problem with him is since he's in office, the RNC will do anything and everything they can to keep him there, no matter what. Against all challengers. They see an R in office and will not trade an incumbent for someone who hasn't won an election to that office...even if that someone has more support from the voters.

DustyDuds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2023
    Fort Worth
    At least you didn't call J6 protestors and Trump supporters all "terrorists" again, Ted. Thanks for that, but I'm NOT going to forget when you DID call us all terrorists. I vote in your district.

And remember at the rnc conference of 2016 when Cruz told us all to “…vote your conscience…”. and we did!

Top Bottom