• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    IPad would be my choice. My kids have different stuff, and I have used several. but the IPad has great free apps, great pay apps, easy connectivity, good size. I want the 32 gig wireless version. I would not buy the 4g model, as you have to have a data plan. But the wireless will allow you to connect wherever you have wireless access.

I am with you, WiFi only. Hell, its getting hard to find a place that does not have WiFi. I use Zinio for most magazines. That way I can be away from WiFi and have lots to read. Same with books, movies. My first was 64 Gig. Never got near filling it, so went with 32Gig. Best advise, don't go cheap on the case. I had an Otterbox I loved, but now have it in a Griffin defender.
    Texas SOT

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I ended up buying another gun instead. I still want one eventually but it can wait. I played around more with several models this weekend and think I'll probably end up going with the Asus.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    im on a sony s 10" tab. android. pretty cool for videos but am having some strange issues like cant see pics on forums. some forums I cant even post. cant see a reply button at all.
    I think for $500 a laptop wouldve been a better buy.

keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    I ended up buying another gun instead.

Good choice. A gun is more open source than android, more reliable than a windows tablet, and often cheaper than an iPad.

I like my iPad, but honestly it spends more time just sitting around with the police scanner app running than doing much else. I have an iPhone 4s which does pretty much everything I need, but I'm not a big movie watcher while I'm on the go either. One thing I'll say though, I've dealt with Apple support many times over the last 5 years for the couple iMacs I have (not sure that speaks much about their reliability, heh), and nothing beats their service except maybe Amazon.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Microsoft is going to release their Surface tablet pretty soon. I would give that one a look and a pass. Microsoft will manage to make it look good then FUBAR it into obscurity.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    I have both an iPad and a Toshiba Thrive. My use is primarily business. I love the Thrive for its USB port, external video ability and the use of CF cards for file transfer. But it lacks the one critical thing I need, the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client. I use my iPad more due to this. I don't run games and the like, I have both loaded with networking and security tools. There is a good selection for either platform, but the apps are cheaper for the Thrive. I say get what you like and what will provide you with the platform to run the things you care about.

mach3ngun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    Houston
    I would go with the iPad. I use an iPod4 and love the OS and the general setup.

My kid has a rooted Nook Color which I think is Ginger Bread Android and the look and feel of it really stinks.

He just uses Netflix but he really loves it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    IPad would be my choice. My kids have different stuff, and I have used several. but the IPad has great freEe apps, great pay apps, easy connectivity, good size. I want the 32 gig wireless I would not buy the 4g model, as you have to have a data plan. But the wireless will allow you to connect wherever you have wireless access.

Just got a Asus tablet as a gift. Its wifi onLy, but uses Android apps etc. Taking some getting useD to coming from a IPHONE. Man this thing is fast. 32 gig unit, 10" found an app that syncs your music from Itunes. Super cle a r graphics.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Just got a Asus tablet as a gift. Its wifi onLy, but uses Android apps etc. Taking some getting useD to coming from a IPHONE. Man this thing is fast. 32 gig unit, 10" found an app that syncs your music from Itunes. Super cle a r graphics.

You can also just drag your music files over. The Android music player natively plays iTunes music.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm on a Samsung galaxy I got for Christmas. The copy, paste is giving me fits. Other than that, I've given up the laptop.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I'm on a Samsung galaxy I got for Christmas. The copy, paste is giving me fits. Other than that, I've given up the laptop.

Mine has a little blue box with a pointer on top for editing. Getting used to that thing. But the copy paste thing seems much harder than my IPhone. This is going to take a while to learn. It doesn't help that I only use it at night after work.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I love my Samsung Galaxy 2, 10.1 inch tablet.

To copy I just press the screen and hold, and a box pops up where I select "copy". I can then select the text.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

To copy I just press the screen and hold, and a box pops up where I select "copy". I can then select the text.

Same tablet I've got. Getting the box up is easy. Dragging the arrows to start and end is maddening.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I wonder if mine works the same way? Headed home, I'll try it tonight.

Prothos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    i like the tablet better less restrictions on what you can do with and and better yet no itunes. micro sd card slots, hdmi output connection and much more. i have the asus transformer with a keyboard dock.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    like the tablet better less restrictions on what you can do with and and better yet no itunes. micro sd card slots, hdmi output connection and much more. i have the asus transformer with a keyboard dock.

Thats the one i have. need toget a sd card. What do you put on yours?

Top Bottom