Gun Zone Deals

T-Mobile: any horror stories? Pretty bad stories?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'm most interested in any horror stories within the past 6 months, 12 max.

I've been with AT&T forever and while I've had very little to complain about on their actual service for many years, T-Mobile has a better plan and rates for what I need 95% of the time. The biggest problem is they don't currently offer data service in an area that I may frequent soon and most of west Texas. The latter is a very low priority for me.

So, what's your experience been like with T-Mobile?
    Hurley's Gold

96fordsix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    conroe
    The coverage doesn't seem to be as good as the other carriers. For instance at Lone Star Airport I have spotty coverage. Same on the way to DFW area.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Interesting. Their coverage map shows they have complete coverage of the NE Conroe quadrant, including the airport. Thanks.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Very spotty coverage even in town.
    Then when I switched back to AT&T T-Mobile were real butt heads. They have a clause that if you use even one day you owe for the entire 30.
    So they claim AT&T took 2 weeks to transfer the number (total BS) and then waited 4 months to send me a final bill - to a random address apparently.
    Then turned me over to a collection agency. So from my perspective no notice just *boom*. Then they claim even though they made a mistake it was "out of their hands".
    I went into the store with a recording of a manger saying it was their mistake and then they basically called me a liar and said "anyone can make a fake recording". Kid doesn't know how close he came to getting his block knocked off.
    So far as I'm concerned they can pound sand.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The Verizon guy I talked to yesterday for about 30 min. did little more than slam AT&T and their prices are slightly higher. I may as well stay put.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Verizon has little to no discounts like the others; but they work. There coverage is as they say it is

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    If I am not mistaken (maybe am), they advertise nationwide coverage of all of North America (Canada, Mexico & US).

I was recently in Calgary, hardly a backwater, and never had service.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You're not mistaken. Since my contract is ending I've paid more attention to cell commercials lately and noticed the 3 country "coverage". I also noticed near the end of the ad they say * ... you can even call any cell phone in Mexico / Canada*. The implication was you had to be in the US for it to work.

Not a big deal to me as I may never leave Texas again and I'm ok with that. :)

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    I hate Verizon and any other carrier that uses CDMA. With T-Mobile (and some of the others), you can simply swap out a SIM card and change phones. With CDMA, you have to go into their store to get them to activate the new phone. I had my share of dead zones with Verizon, just like you will see with any other carrier.

Back in April, I took a month long vacation that included a week in the Dominican Republic and a week in Spain and France. I was able to maintain at least 2G coverage for many of the places I was driving in Europe and for a lot more of the Dominican Republic that I had originally thought. On the cruise from the Dominican Republic to Barcelona (Spain), we stopped off at a couple of Caribbean countries (islands) and I had coverage there also. Same with Gibraltar.

All in all, I've been satisfied with T-Mobile.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I have three services presently, verizon (4 phones on the family plan) and t-mobile (for my night job), (and att for my day job)

Verizon is nice but spendy. I would not hesitate to switch to t-mobile. Austin area reference only.

ok, you wanted a horry story. T-mobile's customer service for billing is complete non existent offshore sourced bs. that is all.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    ok, you wanted a horry story. T-mobile's customer service for billing is complete non existent offshore sourced bs. that is all.

Just say that you are having difficulty understanding their accent and would like a native English speaker. Hopefully, they won't give you someone from NY though.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    ATT is the taint of the devils ass. I hate that company.

kennedjt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2015
    I had T-Mobile for years and I have to say their coverage in Texas is poor compared to AT&T as well as Verizon. I travel throughout Texas for both work and pleasure and once you're away from major cities the coverage becomes very spotty. Even in my office at work I could not keep steady coverage. I've been with AT&T now for about 3 months and the coverage is much better. I can't really speak to price or service since my phone is provided by work but in my opinion if I can't get coverage when I need it then the phone is worthless no matter how cheap the plan may be.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Just say that you are having difficulty understanding their accent and would like a native English speaker. Hopefully, they won't give you someone from NY though.

I should have clarified it was more the the problems getting a refund to my bill than anything. With VZW, my isue would have been resolved in 2xfers. With t-mobile, I gave up because my time is worth more than the $40 issue. Less an accent, more of a run around.

Also, I use all 3 services in San Antonio also and all 3 are fine there as well.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Wife and I have had T-mobile for some 8 years. Zero problems, except early on we had poor reception at our house. Everywhere else it was 4-5 bars. That's gone away and we get get pretty much unlimited everything for $60 for both phones with no contract. (plus the PITA add on charges) Plus with an I phone, there is Wifi Calling so at home. or somewhere you can get on the internet, if there is a weak single, it goes through our internet connection. Maybe there are better deals out there, but I'm completely happy with the service.

Top Bottom