• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Lightweight is good. Our IDPA club runs carbine matches once in a while. Where you're running and shooting at targets at 10-50 yards, a light carbine is good. If this carbine is for home defense (under 15 yards), then what you're doing is not just a novelty. In this case, MOA at 200 yards is nothing more than tacticool talk.

The idea is that you are more likely to have a Lightweight gun with you when you need it if you are carrying it.

Also, since it is my wife's gun, she ain't manhandling a 8lb battlerifle around and it generally is only going to have to work for 1-3 magazines. heck, in a home defense situation, one 30rd mag will most likely take care of the problem. It is superfast handling.
    Target Sports

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The idea is that you are more likely to have a Lightweight gun with you when you need it if you are carrying it.

Also, since it is my wife's gun, she ain't manhandling a 8lb battlerifle around and it generally is only going to have to work for 1-3 magazines. heck, in a home defense situation, one 30rd mag will most likely take care of the problem. It is superfast handling.

I keep a 20 round mag loaded in my AUG for home defense. I can't think of a situation where I'll need more than twenty tries to stop a threat inside the home. IMO if you run into a situation where you need much more than 20 to kick home invaders out, you're up against more than you'll be able to handle.

jkchan83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Great looking build. I'm surprised that no one has called you out for using a short barrel to achieve the lighter weight, but I think it's a great idea. I hadn't thought of using an SBR platform to make a lighter firearm for my fiancee. Keep us updated, please.

AresV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    Rockwall
    I like the idea. I've been toying with the idea of building a lightweight AR for my wife also.

She doesn't care much for my Colt 6920 with the Magpul furniture.

Top Bottom